Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I just recently got a 2005 1.4 SXI Astra. I was driving home today and I was accelerating and when the RPM hit around 6k I got a flashing EML light and the car was very sluggish. It was in limp home mode. Got home, plugged in the opcom and i had a random misfire code and a cylinder 1 misfire code. Any idea what would cause this?

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
Hi everyone! I just recently got a 2005 1.4 SXI Astra. I was driving home today and I was accelerating and when the RPM hit around 6k I got a flashing EML light and the car was very sluggish. It was in limp home mode. Got home, plugged in the opcom and i had a random misfire code and a cylinder 1 misfire code. Any idea what would cause this?
Bad plug or coil pack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bad plug or coil pack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Perfect, that's exactly what i thought it might be. Just wanted to double check with more knowledgeable people! Could anything else be causing it or is it pretty much going to be one of those two?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also just to say, it didn't happen again after that. Once i turned the engine off it went out of limp home mode and i could drive it normally.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts