Astra Owners Network banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone I hope you’re well. I’m having an issue and would appreciate any help and support. I have already replaced all spark plugs, coil pack, used Redex a few times.

Issue: A handful of times the car has started and had an obvious misfire within the first 30 seconds of the car being started which then goes away and doesn’t come back. Now the car starts up and the rev counter needle moves ever so slightly up and down around 800 and 1100 ish revs. I can’t seem to find the issue causing this. I will try to disconnect the MAF sensor before startup to see if that makes any difference. Other than that is there anything else I can try/test? Just thinking out loud, can it be something to do with the injectors, camshaft sensor, crankshaft sensor, purge valve, swirl flap actuator? Once the car has started and I rev a little in neutral it seems to go away..

Car: Vauxhall Astra Hatchback, 1.4, Petrol, Manual, 5 door, Engine is Z14XEP

I really appreciate any help.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Hi
The 1.4 engine can have trouble with oil getting in to the engine wiring loom through capillary action from a faulty oil switch. Have a check that no oil is at the electrical connectors of items such as o2 sensors etc.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my sons had the same problem but it was the coil pack.did have you had the codes reader on it or peddle test.
Hi thank you for your reply. I have done the codes test using an obd2 scanner and no codes returned. I have replaced coil pack and spark plugs. I have ran a test on both 02 sensors also which have come back ok. Any ideas?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.