Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 20 of 388 Posts

·
Registered
8,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Those of you who know me will know that I have a 2006 1.8 5dr SRi.

Well, it developed an irritating little dash board blush, in the form of a TC light. Diagnoses led us to a fault with the ABS pump sensor...a fault which could only be rectified by replacing the whole pump with a healthy £2000 shiney new one :'(

Well, we figured that £2000 was too much to spend on a £3000 car and I began my search for a replacement.

Introducing :D Frank :D

Frank is my new 1.9(150) Ultra-Blue SRi XP and I L:love:VE him :yippee:
I bought him for just a little less than the cost of an ABS pump plus my car as part exchange.
He joined the family with full XP, pentas, window tints, lowering springs and upgraded brake discs and pads.

Already got plans for him, including colour coding the V Grill and boot strip, get the wheels painted, and a few other things. :love:

·
A.O.N Assistant Regional Organiser - Scotland East
27,718 Posts
you had the sport button on yet? you will learn to love sport with the derv, although you may see the TC light come on in gears you would never have expected :D, seen mine come on in 4th :D

·
Registered
8,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh yes, that sport button is AMAZING!!!! teehee...
im loving the fact that even in 6th gear sitting at 70mph, i put the foot down and WHOOSH..... away we go!
Was gonna ask if i see u/Aiden at the next meet uz can have a listen and can tell me if it sounds/seems ok

And yes. the colour is awesome. only seen 1 round this way so far

·
27,718 Posts
yeah, no problem, ifs its the whistle when cold don't worry about it, also one thing i love with it is the induction of the turbo with the windows down and the foots planted, ooh the whistle whoooooooosh :p

·
Registered
8,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ye he whistles loads!! when i plank the foot or when i wanna go faster in 6th lol!
Scott says it sounds and seems fine, but hes a petrol owner. Need some hints/tips from a diesel owner.
I was shocked at how quickly the Glow Plug light goes off, in the TT it goes off after a minute or so not a few seconds.

·
27,718 Posts
tbh, as long as it doesn't sound like a washing machine with brick in it, and doesn't whine, theres nothing to really worry about, aslo if you've ever stalled it, you will know what sounds it shouldn't make.

·
Registered
8,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not stalled. Yet!!

·
Registered
8,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
:love: love ultra blue, lovely looking car :)
Very nice (Y)
Nice leah
Looks lovely Leah, I bet you're made up :D
Looks great! It looks exactly like the one in your sig!

Seriously though, very nice car - can't wait to see what you have in store for it :D

:yippee: love it!!!
Dunno what to do first apart from de-badge and put my new sticker on (when it arrives)

·
Registered
8,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
:D I love him. Thinking anthracite wheels, grill and boot strip :D

1 - 20 of 388 Posts