Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading through everybody elses i thought it was about time i started a progress thread, that way i can do all the pic whoring i want within 1 thread :lol:

Now because most of the mods on my car have already been done this is going to be kind of a recap of 2010 and a progress of 2011 thread.

All comments welcome :thumbs:

Now then the biggest mod of the year was my first 1 which was upgrading from this :
1.6 SXI

to this :
1.8 VVT SRI XP

When i bought the car it was a completely standard SRI and only had the standard spec it comes with

within the first 2 days of having the car i had done the following:
Tints
Hella Dynabeams
6000k HIDs
boomerang Armrest

Next thing on my list was a colour coded grill which i managed to get pre-sprayed from DEEJ
at roughly the same time i also had cruise, check and anti-hijack fitted thanks to Adam.

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

after that i had an unfortunate bump when reversing in the pouring rain and been a man i blamed the cars poor rear visability and immediately went and purchased a set of ebay parking sensors which i must admit are now a must have for tight car parks

next came the eibach pros but i havent got a picture of those after fitting so youll have to wait until my recent pics for them :lol:

but after that i decided to move onto the interior and starter with a smd conversion and i have to thank both Adam for his skills and George Doors for donating the dials cards :thumbs:

·
Registered
365 Posts
bloody love that colour, top work :)

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
29 Posts
tricky enough that i wouldnt even dream of attempting it mate unless your very very skilled with a soldering iron :lol:

Awww nawww, i wouldn't have the first clue haha

I would be getting a professional to do it,

Just would like to know how much it roughly would cost??

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok then next bit.

just had to quickly go take some photos of these as i didnt have any.

Next up i had a CID fitted and decided to get 1 of peckys bluetooth systems not because i needed 1 but just because it helps resist that temptation to use your phone that will always be there if you dont have 1, and i can safely say im glad i did because its come in more useful than i ever thought it would have done.

ive also done a few little mods but theyre not really worth takings pics of like
wind deflectors
VXR air intake
De-restricted air box
replaced bulbs throughout

and thats about it for now i shal update as i add more :thumbs:
ive already got a few extra additions in the pipeline so watch this space :lol:

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Finally <3 :)

This Car Is Just.........Amazing! :) Love The Colour And Mods!!!
:lol: cheers mate, hopefully should be adding more soon

Awww nawww, i wouldn't have the first clue haha

I would be getting a professional to do it,

Just would like to know how much it roughly would cost??
best person to talk to about that would be Stampede as he is the master of all things smd and he'd be able to give you a better idea (Y) bare in mind though that for the money he charges and the amount of work involved its extrodinarily good value and im sure most other members will back me up on that

·
Registered
29 Posts
:lol: cheers mate, hopefully should be adding more soon

best person to talk to about that would be Stampede as he is the master of all things smd and he'd be able to give you a better idea (Y) bare in mind though that for the money he charges and the amount of work involved its extrodinarily good value and im sure most other members will back me up on that

Will do cheers!

I'm heading to an electrical engineer tomorrow to get a headlight fixed, will say to him, see if he can do it/knows anyone! :)

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Got Any Pics With Your Wind Deflectors Dude? Never Been Too Sure If They Look Alright Or Out OF Place With a Bit Of Plastic Poping Out Your Window Lol.
ill get some pics if i remember, i thought the same but once theyre on they sit pritty flush to the door frame

i'd say its the second best astra in tingley :D haha
joking aside, lovely motor (Y)
:lol: cheers mate. me and joe were talking about your astra on the way back from badminton and we think you should spend your money on improving it rather than wasting it on a crappy ST.
it seems to look a lot nicer than most other Gs for some reason, dont know why :lol: you need a GSI bumper though :D

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
seen as though the forum crash has wiped all my recent progress i thought i best update it :lol:

first of all came the cd70 navi which thanks to stampede has also had the smd's changed to suit the rest of the dash :

next up was the "turbo shifter" expensive but worth it :lol:

think thats about it at the moment but im toying with some ideas for future mods, let me know what you think of them because im not 100% yet ;)

1 - 20 of 102 Posts