Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

This is my new baby, bought her in August after looking around for quite a while. I have previously driven a 1L blue Y reg Fiat Punto. Bought from a so called friend and it was an absolute death trap. Got some of my money back but had a loss for my first car. Gave up on driving for a few months because of the expense but applied for a company car and got it. For the last two years I have been driving around in a Ford Mondeo 08 2L Edge. Was an absolute dream to drive but wasn't mine and eventually with all the cuts had it taken away :( time to look for my own again!

Went through many stages of selecting the car. It was always going to be a 3Dr Astra and was originally going to be a 1.4 (because of the insurance) and Red which was my favourite colour after seeing another around my area. However when looking at various cars I decided I wanted a tech grey and with the insurance quotes I was now getting was able to get a 1.6 maybe 1.8. However I saw this and decided it was worth a look at considering I hadn't seen one in this colour in person before. Fair to say as soon as I saw it I was sold. The car was stunning inside and out. Deposit down and here I am.

She comes with the full xp pack including trims, spoiler and pentas. A definite winner to be starting with from standard! :thumbs: The garage also renewed the timing belt and pump with a full service at 80k and new front left tyre (although the front right looks like its near dead).

The future hold the following within the next few months when I can grab some cash together.
New brakes and disks for my own peace of mind. Not as keen as im used to so would like to get this sorted and done.
Eibach Pro-Kit
Back windows tinted
Pressed number plates
Eonon headunit
SMD conversion
Angel eyes with HID
Plus all the other minor mods like Heckos, LED plate lights, Insignia washer jets etc...
Again all depending on when I have the funds like anyone else :L

Im from West Yorkshire in the Brighouse area and new to this whole car club malarkey. But im hoping to use your knowledge here to make one hell of a proper first car :look:

Thats about it I think, sorry if I bored you all haha. Would appreciate it if you could post some ideas to look into as im more than looking forward to making it look beautiful :p. Also if you could point me in the direction of some other cars of the same colours for ideas I would be very grateful.

Thanks Guys! :roll:

·
Registered
232 Posts
Thats lovely mate (Y) First one I have seen in that colour with xp and pentas :)

Plans sound good too, looking forward to seeing them put into action :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thats lovely mate (Y) First one I have seen in that colour with xp and pentas :)

Plans sound good too, looking forward to seeing them put into action :)
I've seen two in this colour now. Its the same old story of I never saw any when I didn't have one, now im driving it they're all over haha! The XP kit and pentas are a brilliant scoop.
Yeah the plans are going to be waiting longer now as my phone finally died today. Blackberrys :mad: Very annoying just want to get onto it :(

Is that metro blue? Nice car looks epic
Im not familiar with the various colours being new to the astra scene but on the logbook it says royal blue. In very bright sunlight from certain angle its looks a bit purple. But at night or in a dingy multi story carpark it looks the business (Y)

Don't often see that colour on a 3dr (Y)
Yeah I didn't know what it would be like but i went to look at it anyway and give it a chance as the description was all id been looking for. Fell in love straight away.

Welcome to AON mate.
Thanks, looking forward to looking around gathering ideas and such from you pros :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Had to put any mods at all on hold for a long while. After paying my premium I had all sorts of trouble with them about some of the details I provided. So I had to pay out more than intended. Brief explanation of why: In the mondeo i had a woman reverse into the side of it. Cause damage to both doors that just wasn't repairable. Went through the insurance company because she didn't have the money to repair it. Because i was reversing at the same time it was in their eyes 50/50 because they cant be arsed defending you. Clearly her fault as she went straight intot the side of me and had 2 meters of car to see that had already gone past her driveway. Anyway ****** of but next year my premium must be back to normal again.

Obviously after this came Christmas and a holiday. Finally got some money saved and BAM! Clutch goes. Had to pay for this repairing and the drive shaft. While it was in I got told the discs and pads all round were paggered. Kind of knew this but put it off. MOT in April though so its time for action.

Got Pagid discs and pads for front and rear from Euro Car parts for £95 after discounts. Absolute steal I think they got the pricing wrong but its been a week so I think I got away with it :D

Fitted the front pads and discs Sunday. Waiting for a piston wind back tool this week and shall do the rears on Friday.
This is the before and afters then. Just for a giggle :look:

Before (Discs are shocking! :shock:):

Then After (Much Better! (Y)):

Worn after 10+miles :thumbs:

Please excuse the scuffed and dirty alloys. How embarrassing. :nah: Need to get it refurbed some time in the future. Aswell as the other front wheel as the guy that changed the tyres made a mess. Nothing major but they're not perfect any more. :(

During the summer they'll be coming back off so I can paint the callipers. On the same topic of the wheel the nut cover are going to be replaced with some new black ones. An idea from another astra with pentas i saw in a pub car park a while back now.

Next Steps:
Fit rear discs and pads, tighten handbrake up.
Ordered a Parrot mki9000 hands free with the iPhone connection.
Wire up an iphone cable to the spare ign live and route it to the drivers door up near the window to the windscreen holder.
De-Badge
Team Heko wind deflectors
Colour code the front V grill
Insignia washers
De wiper the rear

Later this year:
Eibach Pro kit
Back windows tinted

Gay purchase of some floor mats but they're much needed. Going to get the genuine vauxhall grey ones that clip in tailored fit. All of these little things add up more than I thought!

Will update more later this week when I fit the above.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts