Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Looking for confirmation from the community on a part. The part is for an Astravan H 2009 1.7 sportive diesel. While poking around with the centre console light fittings, one of the metal tips that secure the bulb fitting in place broke off. I’ve managed to locate a possible replacement: Lucas 286THLG Bulb 12v

The bulb base is what I’m referring to, it looks the same, is this the correct part?

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
Iv never seen 1 of those bulbs on an Astra h, all the centre console lights are led’s, and the roof bulbs are 501 for the map and festoon( 284, but I could be wrong, 38 mm at any rate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Iv never seen 1 of those bulbs on an Astra h, all the centre console lights are led’s, and the roof bulbs are 501 for the map and festoon( 284, but I could be wrong, 38 mm at any rate

Thanks, I haven’t switched over to the LED lights yet, the ones that I’ve seen don’t come with the base (the part on the back side of the console unit the light fits into). Still getting to grips with the parts and of course I have to go and break one that someone more experienced in these matters hasn’t seen before....

·
Registered
Astra j estate sri
294 Posts
Hi all,
Looking for confirmation from the community on a part. The part is for an Astravan H 2009 1.7 sportive diesel. While poking around with the centre console light fittings, one of the metal tips that secure the bulb fitting in place broke off. I’ve managed to locate a possible replacement: Lucas 286THLG Bulb 12v
View attachment 34919
The bulb base is what I’m referring to, it looks the same, is this the correct part?
i have seen them on astra h..its on TID display 3x bulbs, it back light on TID clock display...not seen on any where else

on the car...

·
Registered
Astra j estate sri
294 Posts

BID/GID/CID display are leds but not for TID display still use normal bulb

this bulb

·
Registered
Astra j estate sri
294 Posts
i had it TID in my both astra's h red n black...red astra 2005 and black 2008

i left it as standard in my red but my black astra i took it swapped to BID display (having horn problem headlight on/off still not work until i fixed by swapping the loom n contact plate inside the steering wheel) much later swapped again to GID display

after swapped the loom n contact plate inside steering wheel, horn working since i swapped on my black 2008 astra h

but it never happen on red astra h 2005 horn working

·
Registered
Astra j estate sri
294 Posts

for map reading on roof light are 501 bulb, if swapping to leds need to be canbus

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
Iv got a cid ready to go in mine.

Buy decent quality bulbs as well, cheap 1s will last about 7 hrs

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Informative replies, thank you. Still finding my way around the astravan. Correct bulb but not for what I needed. The part I was after holds the bulb for the map light in place. After a bit of dogged searching I found what I was after:
E27FF8A0-B154-4BF9-93A0-457F5D42E2F2.jpeg

the nib that locks the fitting into place broke off. Hopefully this weekend I’ll fit it and have the lighting operating. 👍🏾

1 - 10 of 10 Posts