Astra Owners Network banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lol,

So to date I have owned 10 m32;s and not one has ever failed on me, (Not yet,Not yet lol)

Do I temp fate?

Straight answer NO,

Personally I don't know why they have such a poor to very bad reputation, and I think it is probably due to miss use and abuse of the said box, (I know I'm sticking my neck out so to speak in making such a statement)

However, if you go by some simple rules of thumb (some advice later from other engineers and what I have learn't later) then most m32's will survive a cars life out IMO,

I recently replaced my standard m32 6speed box on one of my cars, because I simply wanted to test my newer m32 with LSD and at the same time upgraded he clutch kit to a lightened billeted flywheel with helix friction plate and cover, the job was very successful , although a lotta hard work by ones self,

There was nothing wrong with the gearbox that I removed, and it did have the very sort after short shifter M-Tech lever fitted to it, so a simple (Or so I thought) fix was to remove the whole selector, from that box and replace with tother,

Well the short shifter selector went in no bother on my recently fitted box, but , BIG BUTT the standard one wouldn't go /fit into the spare m32.

NO matter how I tried, My reckoning was that the gears had accidentally shifted, and the only way to fit it was to split the box.

NOW the fun starts LOL

Pics up soon

B

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So Yeh , Me

I took Sylvias box apart, and it did reveal , an awfulllot.####

To my dismay!

Even though this Gearbiox worked well, All was not right,

I like things right, and do what I need to do

The outer case bearings simply disintegrated , so I replavcesd

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Never ever do I want to split one of those apart again.

Ok this thread is nearly closed,

Just to say , Ilove the M32gearbox, It is one of the best VX produced, IF BIG IF kept well

To maintain this gearbox in top form it is /needs at least 3 ltres of the best gearbox oil , and not what vx recommend ie they say 2.4 ltres of their oil ,

We /I say use;;
Elf Tranself NFJ 75W-80 Gear Oil Manual Gearboxes

Somesay use 75w-90 well Don't

Closed

B

Elf Tranself NFJ 75W-80 Gear Oil Manual Gearboxes

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.