Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Astra H 1.9tdi 2008,72,000 miles.
Recently purchased, no signs of any gearbox trouble but would it be good preventative measure to change the gearbox oil as I hear these boxes can get problems? If so what oil?

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Yes, suprised it's still going at that that mileage without a gearbox oil change tbh, iv just had gearbox oil changed on my vxr and it's only got 33k miles on clock

·
Registered
190 Posts
My one has 44k on it and has had 2 gear oil changes, it's definatly worth doing, I used millers oil can't remember the viscosity though off the top of my head

·
A.O.N Assistant Regional Organiser - Scotland East
27,714 Posts
Mines was on 46k odd when the oil was dropped and replaced with 3l of Fuchs Titan 75w-80 oil and it's never missed a beat, Now on 67k miles and still going strong and it's not exactly had an easy life with a few track sessions, general day to day driving and the high speed run on the autobahns.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
94 Posts
Suppose I have to go under the car for the oil filter anyway.

im right in thinking to do nut under battery first before letting oil out I.e. Just in case nut under battery is a **** to get off.

the nut under battery is a T45 isn't it, also underneath the car?

Cheers

·
Registered
3,702 Posts
Yes always undo the filler first. From memory the filter is an allen socket. Same as the drain. Exact sizes I am unsure of but you will not be able to undo the filler with a normal Allen key. You will need a ratchet set and maybe a short breaker bar

·
Registered
94 Posts
Cheers for that, I have a socket set ����

from reading it says oil filter is 32mm filter wrench

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
mine will be getting done soon too - was apparently done at 60k, on 73k now and would like it changed again for piece of mind! :D

·
Registered
244 Posts
Had my gearbox bearings replaced at about 73k. No signs of gearbox problem but there was humming noise coming from passenger side, turned out to be gearbox. Got a recommendation to change gearbox oil with every engine oil change (10k miles).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts