Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 20 of 293 Posts

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So with the car looking slightly less standard I thought it about time I get all my pics into the one thread :)

Pics are generally taken with my iPhone so aren't too great quality wise, but you get the idea.

So, this is how she came from the dealer:

59 reg 3 door Astra H Sporthatch - 1.9 CDTi (150)

Apologies on the super small pic on this one, but its the one I used for me avatar and the only one I have of it completely standard :$

First up was debadging the rear, and was done about a week after having the car:

I much prefer how it now looks at the back :)

Then went on the window tints. 35% if I remember correctly and a DTUK green box.

Got myself an order done with Jen at Juicy detailing and got to work making the car all shiney :D

The next purchase (and the most expensive so far) were a nice new set of alloys:

And them on the car:

This also shows the VXR indicator surrounds which I acquired at some point and a horrid dent which appeared while parked up overnight.

The dent got sorted asap :)

I then went for a drive up to Adam's (Stampede) to get my SMDs changed. Couldn't have believed the difference this mod would make before doing it. The images really don't do it justice:

Can't praise Adam enough for his work, had him fit my cruise control while there too (Y)

Most recent bit of work has been to repaint my callipers. I went for blue to match my SMDs and the new centre caps I've ordered:

I've also got a boomerang armrest newly fitted, but no pics at the moment.

Plenty more things in the pipeline, I have angel eyes and HIDs waiting to go on once I can sort this troublesome front bumper. And I still want a lattice Opel front grill to match my centre caps when they arrive.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Good progress :) the blue on the SMD conversion looks great. Not a fan of the alloys though, multi-fit holes really don't do it for me (a) preferred the penta's

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers guys :)

Looks good need to sort the lows out bro
Its on the list. Either pro kit or VXR springs. I can't go too low with the curbs where I need to park from time to time.

Good progress :) the blue on the SMD conversion looks great. Not a fan of the alloys though, multi-fit holes really don't do it for me (a) preferred the penta's
I still have the pentas, might even use them as winter wheels. But I like them :D

Looks good matey :)
One question, where have you got those axle stands supporting?
Its just under the axle as a failsafe, the jacks holding it but it looks so flimsy I wanted something else there for peace of mind more than anything else :) Why, is it not in the correct spot? I'm mighty useless at anything remotely like real work :lol:

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Nah you shouldn't put stands on any moving part as it's not safe and also not designed to hold the weight of the car in that way. Wouldn't want the car falling over on you or anything!
You should place them either on the subframe or the jacking points around the car (Y)

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cheers guys (Y)

The list as it stands will have to wait until after TFS now, but at the moment it stands at:

1) Fit angels and HIDs (currently in my living room :p)
2) Eibach Pro kit or VXR Springs
3) Opel front grill
4) Opel centre cap stickers (will only go on when I have the grill to match)

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
After finding that my car has terrible vibrations at 75-85/90 (on that private road thats used for testing those sorts of things) I have got it in at the garage today for wheel balance and tracking. Should be a nice and smooth drive down to TFS tomorrow now :)

Just need to get time to get it cleaned before I go.

·
Registered
40,498 Posts
I would love angels but never got round to getting any.

Also I've got some VXR springs going on soon, so can let you know how the car feels and looks after mate.

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
the Albanians next to the hotel will clean it for you :p
Im hoping it wont come to that. I'll just clean it at the hotel if i have to :D

I would love angels but never got round to getting any.

Also I've got some VXR springs going on soon, so can let you know how the car feels and looks after mate.
Got a set of angels sat in my living room at the moment. I can't get the bumper off to fit them :(

Yeah, you'll have to get a pic up with them on :) Ideally I want pro's but the price of a set of used vxr springs is incredibly tempting.

1 - 20 of 293 Posts