Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AON,

Im new on here, so forgive me for being ignorant.

I have a 1.8 astra 3 door. it has a sport button, i believe its called ids+.. can i lower my car if it has this feature? im wanting the eibach sportline kit.

Cheers.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
good stuff, cheers for the swift reply mate

Was worried for a bit there, pleased I can do it now!

·
Registered
686 Posts
yeah you can, just change the springs, eibach are probably the best you can get for your money, either the sprortline kit (50/30mm drop) or the pro kit (30/30mm drop all round) just because you have the sport button though dosent mean you will have the IDS+ system. the sport button improves throttle response and steering, if you have the IDS+ system it also stiffens up the shocks, very expensive system. if you have this system the dash will display an IDS symbol when you first start the ignition. the reason i say all this is do to that if you put shorter springs on, the extra load on the shocks could cause damage to them. most people replace the shocks for better ones with springs, i.e they fit VXR shocks with eibach springs as the originals arent designed to take the extra load shorter springs put on them and their lifespan becomes considerably reduced. although im not sure how true this is if you have the IDS shocks. i looked into putting ids shocks onto my H and each strut was in excess of £200+ where as all 4 vxr shocks cost this. hope this info helps

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
excellent reply, answered my question completely! Cheers bud, was looking at the sportline kit, love the look that gives to a 3 door astra! not too pricey either..

·
Registered
686 Posts
no worries. ive got the sportlines too, hopefuly getting fitted on sunday , so will put pics up on my progress thread when its done. dont forget your tracking will need re doing after changing you suspension or youll get really bad un even tyre wear

1 - 8 of 8 Posts