Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, I'm torn between suspension kits/ springs for my 1.8 Sri 5dr with Xp kit.

Im considering
Eibach Sportlines on the standard Sri shocks (there's only 20k on them)
Bilstein b8's with Sportlines (don't really want to spend this much)
Pi 45mm shocks and springs (crap make possibly?)
Koni str-t shocks and springs (heard some bad experiences in here)
Vxr shocks with Sportlines?
change Sportlines for Prolines? (Maybe not low enough)

Has anyone had any of these set up's? If so, do you have a pic? I really want it as controlled and comfy as possible but looking lowered and the arch gap sorted. Had coilovers in my old cars and the ride was always terrible, bouncy, crashy and generally just ruined the car.

Any help with how you found them or insight would be really helpful

heres a pic of the car also, as you can see it's too high:) many thanks.

·
Registered
23,527 Posts
The koni shocks don't seem that great on the Astra but I had them on my focus and were fantastic

Personally I'd go for vxr shocks and dap r springs the level look really looks better on the 5 door than the the nose down of the sportline springs

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I take it the shocks would definitely need upgraded for the daps? Anyone have a pics of daps on a 5 dr?

·
Registered
849 Posts
The koni shocks are amazing, bit stiffer than stock but handles really well, that's paired with the h&r springs. Yeah I've heard just recently couple people had issues but I can't rate them enough, The Mrs is on stock shocks and eibach pros, Handles alright, more body roll than mine but it is a comfier ride. I'll see if I can find a picture of them next to each other.

·
Registered
849 Posts

Mines the 3 door, it's lowered by 35mm ish, rear sits very slightly higher but that's only because the rears completely stripped, the more door is lowered 30 all round

·
Registered
81 Posts
thinking of going for bilstein shocks and ebaich springs. not sure if I should go 35 or 40 though. like yourself still trying to decide.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
My vans on eibachs and bilsteins, good ride quality and not too harsh. Its estate 1s i have, dropped 30 front, 35 rear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've decided to go with bilstein b12 kit with Sportlines.

Ill post up up some pics when they arrive and fitted.
cheers for everyone's input. Much appreciated.

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
1.6 non-XP on sportlines and VXR shocks:

Can say I notice a nose down look personally. The set up handles really well, I later added a fixed Whiteline RARB and that just improved the set up. I did a lot of research when I was changing my suspension, and this set up seemed the most popular at the time and didn't cost the earth to do either

Sent from my Big_Bad_iPhone_6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
81 Posts
the question still hasn't been answered lol. need help guys asap. just purchased bilstein b4 shocks. and about to purchase ebaich springs. how low should I go. it's a 1.8 sri with xp kit. was told to get 50 front and 30 rear. but I want an even look when looking at it from the side. any suggestions?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
849 Posts
That's because it's your choice to make mate not ours :lol: if your after an even drop and eibachs then it'll be the pro kit which drops 30mm all round.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts