Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Just filled up my partners 08 plate 1.9 cdti and the range read 440 miles. When I fill up mine it ususally reads around 580. Now I know its based on how the car was driven previous to fill up but our journeys/drive etc are very similiar.

Any idea why one would be significantly higher than the other?

It'll be ineteresting to see if she gets the same kinda mileage as I do out of mine. I usually get just over 500 miles to a full tank.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Not sure as you do similar journeys, i know my wifes car shows far less than mine but thats cos i do a lot of motorway driving and she just nips around town. Does hers need a service?

·
A dieselhead..
2,827 Posts
as above.. the range is calculated from the last 20miles of driving iirc, so if its all town work it would explain the low range expentancy from the tank?

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
The Range read outs on Astra's are entirely things of fabrication of some deluded programmers mind.. I paid no attention to mine. Force reset by holding the trip button on the left of the steering wheel and drive it for a few days, it will probably balance out. They are sensitive to even a little hard driving bringing it down

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
A woman i work with has significantly higher fuel usage than me......she thought 5th and 6th gears were for the motorway :banghead: Shes probably one of those who always drives in the middle lane too as they think the inside lane is only for lorries :swear:

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not sure as you do similar journeys, i know my wifes car shows far less than mine but thats cos i do a lot of motorway driving and she just nips around town. Does hers need a service?
Yeah think it could be due for a service. I had mine serviced back in febrauary and not sure if it was just me but I noticed a change the miles I got from a full tank

·
Registered
14,747 Posts
when i drive, or my partner drive the same car, we get huge difference in fuel consumption, so a lot has got to be driving style

1 - 11 of 11 Posts