Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an Astra H 1.9 8v. I've been suffering with intermittent power loss, but haven't been able to pinpoint what causes it, until now. I've noticed that when I corner right, I lose power. I cannot hear the turbo at all and it doesn't accelerate much. If I then corner left, the turbo spins up (hear it whistle), and off it goes.

I have no idea where to start with this? In my mind it must be something physical or a dodgy sensor somewhere, as apposed to an electrical fault? I would be surprised if this is a common fault? I haven't seen anyone else have an issue. I was hoping someone on here would have some idea?

·
A.O.N. - Platinum Member
38,432 Posts
1st guess would be something like an ABS Sensor on the wheels

Or a sensor on the diff maybe

Are there any faults stored on the ECU?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've done the peddle test, and there is no fault codes stored. A while ago it came up with P0234 5b- my understanding is that's a over/under boost.

It doesn't have to be whilst cornering fast? What makes you think maybe ABS/ Diff sensor?

·
A.O.N. - Platinum Member
38,432 Posts
The ABS Sensors are on the wheel hubs (I think) so if one was damaged the turning the wheel would possibly stop the sensor working causing the engine to cut power

·
A.O.N Assistant Regional Organiser - Scotland East
27,717 Posts
Would need proper diagnostics for that, there may be codes stored on the ABS ECU which doesn't come up with the pedal test.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts