Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi so looking for advice/knowledge of astra exclusive - maybe there is somebody who knows the answer …..

Been to Halfords garage twice and no luck with finding what is wrong with my car ,
Have a 2013 1.6 engine Vauxhall Astra (petrol)
And the problem happens when the car is hot

When going from gear 2-3 it has a jolt loss of power sometimes goes on other gears up to 4 - more when driving up hill , feels like small break increments even I’m pushing down on gas .
also when joining the motorway it doesn’t have that speed that I need when on slip road.

Some people have said it could be the engine coil or the throttle
I’m not ready to pay money for diagnostic as the two that I had at Halfords have done nothing 😕 2 days waisted basically

I hope somebody knows some answers 😕 have bought this car recently and got warranty until august…

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
That's an Astra J rather than a G,
if it's the normally aspirated engine rather than the turbo they're not exactly known for being quick even when they are running ok,is it running a lot better when cold ?
What have Halfords come up with,anything at all ?
from your description it sounds as though you may have a misfire when warm, if so they should be able to access misfire data to see if that's the issue,if it is then the obvious candidates are plugs/coil pack with crank sensor and ecm as possibilities as well.
As it's under guarantee,take it back to the garage and insist they come out with you so you can replicate the problem for them to see.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's an Astra J rather than a G,
if it's the normally aspirated engine rather than the turbo they're not exactly known for being quick even when they are running ok,is it running a lot better when cold ?
What have Halfords come up with,anything at all ?
from your description it sounds as though you may have a misfire when warm, if so they should be able to access misfire data to see if that's the issue,if it is then the obvious candidates are plugs/coil pack with crank sensor and ecm as possibilities as well.
As it's under guarantee,take it back to the garage and insist they come out with you so you can replicate the problem for them to see.
It’s running good when cold so thanks for your help !

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Also turned key twice and then exhaust light comes on but any other time it don’t

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Nope don't understand what you mean,a more detailed explanation is needed,
there is no exhaust light in the dash (plenty of others though) which one ?
and do you mean you turned the key to position 2 or started the car twice
Untitled picture.png

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nope don't understand what you mean,a more detailed explanation is needed,
there is no exhaust light in the dash (plenty of others though) which one ?
and do you mean you turned the key to position 2 or started the car twice
View attachment 35047
So turned the key to position too and on the dash it only showed the exhaust icon which on your image is under oil light where it sais auto stop on the left , looks like an exhaust

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts