Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, first time posting here. Last week the power steering on my '08 ASTRA GTC 1.9 CDTI 88kW broke. I found a used but in very good condition rack and pinion from another Astra, and my local repairsman swapped it with old broken one. Yesterday as I was inspecting the engine oil I noticed a loose connector for which I am not sure if it was there when I bought the car a few months ago. I would have surely seen it. A picture of it is attached. Could it be a connector for the AFL? Haven't had the chance to drive it by night to see if the AFL still works. Thanks everyone in advance.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
On the bulkhead nearside,that'll be the connector for the fuel filter heater for the diesel engine variants

Reactions: shemafied

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On the bulkhead nearside,that'll be the connector for the fuel filter heater for the diesel engine variants
Thank you for the input. I am wondering how the car is even running. Maybe it was causing a short and the previous owner decided to unplug it for good. Can it cause problems since I live in a colder climate?

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Check the fuel filter,
the connector plugs in the top,if there's one already plugged in then the spare may be for something else.

Reactions: shemafied
1 - 4 of 4 Posts