Astra Owners Network banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm new here and found the forum when researching the name of a replacement part I'm trying to find for my Astra J, but so far I haven't been successful, and every result leads me to the locks themselves, rather than the specific piece I'm looking for.

Please could you look at this linked image below (not my photo by the way) and let me know what the 'flap' that surrounds the loop at the bottom centre of the image is called? If I'm right, I believe this flap is supposed to be up/closed when the boot is open. Mine looks like the one in this picture and feels loose so I think I've damaged it when loading the boot, as I can't seem to get it to sit horizontal/closed.

Cheers in advance, and happy to answer any questions you may have!

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
I suspect the spring that hold the flap in place has either snapped or become detached.

You'll need to remove the trim to take a look behind.

The whole panel only clips in. Be prepared to break a few trim clips when removing. Easily replaceable though if you do break any.

Vauxhall Workshop Manuals > Astra J > Body Hardware and Trim > Interior Trim and Paneling > Repair Instructions > Rear End Trim Finish Panel Replacement - 5-Door Hatchback 68 (workshop-manuals.com)

TAILGATE BOOT PILLAR TRIM PANEL CLIPS FOR VAUXHALL INTERIOR BLACK BLUE PLASTIC | eBay

1 - 2 of 2 Posts