Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys i today have bought a 2013 astra elite 1.6 petrol . the car has previously been damaged , my question is where is the horn located as i cant find it because its missing from the car but i also cannot find the wiring to replace the horn. i can hear the relay working

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Usually most horn/horns are located on the front subframe, O/S drivers side front , near the fog light, should be a twin pin connector or double times connectors/joined for two horns

B

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
this worries me now as thats the only place i found a 2 pin connector which i thought was for horn but when i connect a horn to it nothing happens but i can hear the relay clicking

·
Registered
433 Posts
Have you checked Fuse 47 (15A) in the engine bay fuse box? The Wire colours at the horn connector should be 1. BN/GY (I assume that's Brown/Grey). 2. BK (Black). The relay KR3 is non-serviceable (it is internal to the fuse box).

·
Registered
433 Posts
If you are not competent in the following procedures then an auto electrician would be your best option!

Have you checked that the horn works when connected to power and earth?
The easiest and first check is to make sure the BK wire at the horn end is indeed connected to earth.

Are you getting power to fuse 47 when the horn is pressed? If not then it's likely to be the relay contact (you have mentioned that you can hear the relay operating). As this relay is not replaceable you could pick the appropriate wires off the fuse box and connect a new relay with mount (+ fuse) somewhere.

If there is power at F47, when horn pressed, then it's either:

1. Fuse (already checked).
2. Connection from fuse box to horn wiring BN/GY wire.
3. BN/GY wire broken between fuse box and end connector.
4. End connector at horn faulty
5. BK earth wire not connected to earth.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts