Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Firstly I want to say that this was the first - and mostly likely the last time - I have dealt with LMF Vauxhall.

So on Friday I purchased the October 09 issue of Total Vauxhall and spotted a plain grille for the H not a million miles away from the Irmscher one.
I liked the look of it and decided to fire off an email to [email protected] to enquire about availability. I did initally receive a reply from Steve Crooks saying these were available. I then asked about postage to Glasgow and if there was images of said grille on an H and was IGNORED.

SO to cut a long story short I have resent the email and still received no reply. This to me strikes of **** poor customer service and I just wanted to post up here as I know a lot of users probably buy from the site to warn them of the poor communication between this site and its customers!!!

·
Registered
681 Posts
I have dealt with them a few times and can't complain, comms been good and items here when they said they would be. :shrug:

·
Registered
130 Posts
bank holiday doofus lol ko buddy remember they prob get between 100 - 500 emails a day its a big company

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
I have used them in the past also and they have been fine... Can't say they were amazing but no complaints either.

I dio think that there stock is sometimes over priced and delivery charges are high compaired to other sites... Compare the price of Eibachs on LMF to Ruderacing and you will see what i mean (unless they have fixed the difference)

I have to point out like others have that you only asked them this on Friday and today is a bank holiday so they probably just havent had the chance to answer. Why don't you call them instead of emailing. That way you will know if they are in or not?

Poor customer service to me is tipicaly when you have bought something which you have a problem which you try to have sorted but get no help or coms about doing. Just my opinion.

I am insteanding buying th Boomerang armrest and as far as i know they are the only place in the UK which has this... So i will be using them again... and have no issue about doing so.

·
Registered
5,533 Posts
Simple thing is, dont email these companys. Pick up the fone and call them and speak directly.

They probably recieve well over 100 emails a day.

·
Registered
912 Posts
I've never had any problems with LMF, probably spent hundreds over the years with 3 vectra's and my astra.

Your unlikely to get a reply from e-mails, don't think they have the staff numbers to answer every e-mail, so like someone said give them a phone and they can usually help

·
Registered
6,407 Posts
I too have sent emails and had NO reply..... However i have also ordered a few bits of them and its has ALWAYS arrived bang on time.... It just seems to be the emails are not top of there priority list.... They get 100's of orders every day and seem to deal with them 1st and to a very good standard.....

They have there Priority's right if you ask me......

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
But the thing was that I mailed and got replies almost instantly, firstly telling me they were available and then after I asked about postage, asking me where in Scotland I wanted postage to and its at this point I was IGNORED.

Surely I'm not asking a lot of them if they are a big company who plaster the sales email all over the ads they place, to reply to an email??! If they aren't interested in email why have a sales email at all?

All those saying its bank holiday etc, fair enough but I mailed about 2:30pm friday,surely if they were closed then I would've received no reply at all. Why reply and lose interest?

·
Registered
5,533 Posts
Honestly bud best thing to do is call them. That way, you will get all the answers you want.

I ******* hate email.

·
Premium Member
4,111 Posts
i have used them and they were spot on. tbh i'm not one to post up a thread rubbishing a company after one email didnt get a reply.

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
Steve gets numerous emails every day and at 2.30pm on a bank holiday weekend I think, like 2/3rds of the UK, his staff would be winding down for the weekend.

LMF may not be perfect but they do try to give a decent service and like some of the above I would suggest you give them a call tomorrow.

Fraser whilst your there…can I ask you to resize your signature and keep it within the AON rules max size is 400 x 100 pixels.
Full rules are here.. http://www.astraownersnetwork.co.uk/showthread.php?t=29001

HTH
Cyb

·
Registered
78 Posts
Like others on hear I pretty much built my vec with lmf and could not fault them, I always rang them up and they allways had the time to discuss battle plans for the vec, so just for one little (no reply) I think your being just a little harsh..

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
I think so, its a bit too harsh to judge a company like LMF, been purchase from them most of the time and really spot on.
I prefer ring them, they're genuinely discuss all my queries and joke a bit.
Lets just pick up the phone and give them a call, and you'll know what we're talking sense

·
Banned
1,019 Posts
I don't rate them either
i called and emailed several times re missing clips from mats

completely ignored all emails and never returned my calls.

·
Registered
5,533 Posts
I still dont understand folk who email these companies. Then have like 10 staff and recieve thousands of emails a week.

Christ first thing i do when i get into my office is:

Open up outlook.
CTRL + A all new messages
and "delete"...

if its important they will call me :D

·
Banned
1,019 Posts
why bother opening outlook at all then :)

they should not offer an email service if they cant respond, just makes people angry

·
Registered
5,533 Posts
Email is just part and parcel of Business.

But if you had a Business, what would you do.

Answer calls and speak to customers who come in through the door.

Or

Bury yourself in a field of emails, of people asking the same questions over and over.

Am sorry, for me - pick up the fone and speak to someone. And if your shy or unsure, speak to the guys. There going to give you good advice everytime i would say.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts