Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I recently left my car to get a new washer jet pump 2 days later when I picked the car up it was in limp mode stuck in 30mph. I then had an error message that service was due - I changed the fuel filter which was dirty and the car worked fine for a week and then once again stuck in 30mph however somedays it worked an others not I got the fault code pressure sensor and changed it car worked fine for another week - limp mode again and showed glow plug changed this and car worked fine for 2 days with no service warning anymore. then service light again but once again shows fuel pressure sensor - some days car will run fight other times when you start its right in limp mode. anyone any ideas what this could be? stressed out lol no warning lights or fault codes for anything else

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi I recently left my car to get a new washer jet pump 2 days later when I picked the car up it was in limp mode stuck in 30mph. I then had an error message that service was due - I changed the fuel filter which was dirty and the car worked fine for a week and then once again stuck in 30mph however somedays it worked an others not I got the fault code pressure sensor and changed it car worked fine for another week - limp mode again and showed glow plug changed this and car worked fine for 2 days with no service warning anymore. then service light again but once again shows fuel pressure sensor - some days car will run fight other times when you start its right in limp mode. anyone any ideas what this could be? stressed out lol no warning lights or fault codes for anything else
Hey pal. Sorry to hear about issues your having. I read somewhere that limp mode can be caused by the batteries issues in these vehicles. Not sure if it's your issue but do some research on that as it could be something.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply, im going to get the fuel pump taken out an tested - if this doesn't work then I am just going to get rid of the car as its costing to much £££

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thanks for your reply, im going to get the fuel pump taken out an tested - if this doesn't work then I am just going to get rid of the car as its costing to much £££
Thats sound quite involved. Wouldn't having a fuel pressure test be easier and less cost effective.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi fuel pump was fine. Car drove fine for 2 days now again its in limp mode with service light again coming up. Any idea what else it.could be? High pressure warning light but changed that sensor already

·
Registered
410 Posts
Could you give a bit more info,as always the more info the easier it is to come up with suggestions.
High pressure light ?? can't think of one offhand
also i can't think of a code that directly points to a faulty fuel pressure sensor,
it's a 2.0 diesel but which one ?,there's a few engine types with a few different codes
was it tested or live data checked for desired vs actual fuel pressure ?
Has anyone read the car for fault codes since the original read ?
and what system is being used to scan the car ?
just throwing parts at a problem without firm evidence where the issue lies is does get very expensive

1 - 6 of 6 Posts