Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's official then, Lewis is off to Mercedes. I'm a little disappointed as I love seeing McLaren with an all British line up, but I think Lewis needed the move, and this could be his Michael Schumacher moment to take a high mid field team and then them into a world championship outfit. In fact, I think that's exactly what he'll do. Sergio Perez is apparently replacing Lewis, obviously a very good signing, but personally, I'd have loved Paul DiResta to get the seat.

Tapped via tapatalk

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
I too liked the all British line-up, and its for that reason that I would have loved for DiResta to have replaced him. I think its come a season too early for him though. You can certainly see why Perez has been picked, I've loved a few of his drives this season. It will be good to see what he can produce with one of the top teams.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Button and hamilton in same team was always going to be awkward, Lewis knew this only to well and had to make the jump and so time will tell if he choose the right team.

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
I agree with everyone else about Di Resta, he is a fantastic young British talented driver and given the right opportunity and car he could do great things :)

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Hmm di resta isnt even out performing his team mate though so I think mclaren made the right decision with Perez

It'll be interesting to see what happens with hamilton at merc, but for now 2013 looks like it's gonna be a pretty awful year for him

I think he made the right decision in long term

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
got to agree with Di resta and mclaren

but i do think hamilton has moved a season too early. If Schumacher cant turn the Mercedes car into a championship winner then i dont see how Hamilton can do much better. Its the right move for him but i think its probably a bit too early

·
Premium Member
59,287 Posts
I don't see Hamilton having a good 2013, in fact I don't see him having a good few years. I wouldn't be surprised if Hamilton never wins the championship again. The Mercedes isnt a winning car and I dont see how it is going to become a winning car. Barring any major disasters Vettel will be champion this year, next year he will win it even more easily then he will move to Ferrari for 2014 and he and Alonso will rule the roost together.

Vettel is the new Schumacher without the need to ram people off the track

·
Registered
103 Posts
For me i was gutted when i heard the news of the change, but i have come to the opinion that Hamilton is the best chance of a british driver winning the championship for a few year yet. Mecedes may seem a odd choice, but think about it, when the rule changes on engine capacity mecedes will be providing the likes of mclaren so will probably stand a better chance JMO.

Vettel is a strong driver no one can take that away from him, but he has by far the best car - adrain newey is a talented designer, and if it wasnt for him imo that car would not even be a contender. Alonso is a better driver now than ever so in a few years it'll be Ferrari vs Merc's

1 - 16 of 16 Posts