Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have added the dds switch to a 5 button panel, it was a blank there, it just needs a led, I have added that, but still doesn't light up, on looking into a little bit, do I need a jumper, diode or another led, (That you won't see anyway)

5 switch pcb, (no dds switch)
Yellow circle, added led, for dds switch
Black circle, space for something, probably jumper or diode,

3 Switch pcb, (No sports switch)
Yellow circle, original led,

Cheers, David.

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
Il take a pic of the board on the 6 switch panel and you can see if there’s any difference Bud

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers, I find it strange that for a 6 panel, and the dds button is always there, why is there a space for a led, I mean, it's got the solder spaces for the heated seats.

·
Registered
5,488 Posts

Not sure what iv done with the screw divers to open it up, got a feeling their over at my dads in the van bud

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
The switch panel part number is 13129295, I was getting it new for £125 all in, your probably needing to add vat to that, I get staff discount on new vx parts, it’s a factory order but there is stock of it

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers, I don't want the blue leds, and I got the 5 panel switch, but I don't want a blank switch, so I have the switch to go in the blank, but it won't light up, and that would look weird.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Cheers, I don't want the blue leds, and I got the 5 panel switch, but I don't want a blank switch, so I have the switch to go in the blank, but it won't light up, and that would look weird.
i mean not the blue leds, i mean get another one has heated seats button installed...mines astra does not have the sport button fitted..i can solder a led, will be the same as yours led not light up but i got another hazard switch with sport button

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have soldered the led in, it works when the multimeter goes over it, just like the other ones, and it is the right way round,
Just not lighting up when you plug it in the car.

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
It still takes the power to light up, just won’t do anything til programmed in, the sport switch on my van is the same David

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It still takes the power to light up, just won’t do anything til programmed in, the sport switch on my van is the same David

That's what I mean, every led lights up, I. E. When you open the car door and side lights on,
But not that single led,
It's just a reset button, and when you press it, it doesn't /( shouldn't light up)
Also on the same note but different page, I have no plug for the tpms, from around the heater motor behind the glove box,

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
I think everything else needs to be there for dds to work, possibly a case of reconfiguring the plug so the dds/tpms will work through the switch you want it on

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
your sport button still not working?
Iv got another ipc sitting that I haven’t done anything with yet out a sportif that should work, afaik all the wiring is there but I believe the vxr ipc might be slightly different in the way it’s set up bud

·
Registered
182 Posts
Iv got another ipc sitting that I haven’t done anything with yet out a sportif that should work, afaik all the wiring is there but I believe the vxr ipc might be slightly different in the way it’s set up bud

Pin 8 goes to pin 41 IPC
And 17 to pin 11 IPC... the wiring is there right? should work, like mines i dont have the wiring for it until installed missing wires and ipc programming its works

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
When I bring it back over to mine, il have a good look and pull the ipc out, and if not, it’ll be a trip to the scrappy to butcher the ipc plug out and join up sone wires

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
Hate to break it to you but on the circuit board is there the printing like around all the other buttons? Probably find its missing so it won't have the "instruction" as such to light up with the others. I've fitted a dds bar into a non dds car before and it still lights up with all other buttons.

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
Hate to break it to you but on the circuit board is there the printing like around all the other buttons? Probably find its missing so it won't have the "instruction" as such to light up with the others. I've fitted a dds bar into a non dds car before and it still lights up with all other buttons.
I know what you mean, everything still powers off the switch panel, if it’s not there, it won’t work

1 - 20 of 20 Posts