Astra Owners Network banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I've had my 888 diesel for a few weeks and was pulling away from work today and as I turned a corner I noticed that I had leaking water from behind the glove box and this is what I found when I took the glove box off:

Any ideas? No leaking from bulk head or any where else that I can see apart from water on what is pictured above. Is it air conditioning pump? I haven't used the air con in a few weeks, but did have the heater on this morning on the way to work.

Any help greatly appreciated....

·
Registered
7,744 Posts
Wherever it's coming from it doesn't look healthy lol

Hope you sort it soon

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
That's the blower for the heater. Where does the water run start from ?

****Beaten to it****

·
Registered
1,440 Posts

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
it looks like it will be the drain in the scuttle blocked and finding its way in somehow

·
Registered
82 Posts
In my job I get a lot of people coming in saying there's a leak, sometimes its a badly fitted air con filter, sometimes blocked scuttle panel drains and sometimes the drainage channels for the sunroof leak down the a-post pillars.

But keep in mind if the windscreen has been changed then there is a chance the glass has missed the bond and water can ingress into the vehicle, especially across the bottom as the Astra H has a scuttle that is a little tricky to take off several fitters in the business have been known to leave it on while fitting a screen.

If the screen has the same markings on the n/s bottom corner as the door glasses I.E. GM in a black square then it's an original glass, doesn't necessarily mean that it's never had a screen but it means its likely to be fitted at the Dealers and therefore it would have been done properly.

Hope this can rule out a leaky windscreen.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
In my job I get a lot of people coming in saying there's a leak, sometimes its a badly fitted air con filter, sometimes blocked scuttle panel drains and sometimes the drainage channels for the sunroof leak down the a-post pillars.

But keep in mind if the windscreen has been changed then there is a chance the glass has missed the bond and water can ingress into the vehicle, especially across the bottom as the Astra H has a scuttle that is a little tricky to take off several fitters in the business have been known to leave it on while fitting a screen.

If the screen has the same markings on the n/s bottom corner as the door glasses I.E. GM in a black square then it's an original glass, doesn't necessarily mean that it's never had a screen but it means its likely to be fitted at the Dealers and therefore it would have been done properly.

Hope this can rule out a leaky windscreen.
i know how tricky the scuttle is i broke mine trying to get it off

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I have removed the scuttle on several Astra's its either break the scuttle or break the clips although on the last one I did I managed to save them both but it did take quite a long time!
its a silly design i did have a screen fitted to (after id damaged the scuttle already) but i dont know if they removed it to fit it as i didnt watch them do it

·
Registered
82 Posts
Most likely not as to not cause damage, the bond line is above the rubber lip at the top of the scuttle but only just and it's a tricky job getting the screen under without scooping the bond but that's just how GM made it for us :thumbs:

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well, I have now found where the leaking has come from, but don't know what this is for. It's the wires that goes into the heater blower as circled below:

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Beat to whip off the blower and see if you can find any higher evidence. Must be leaking on from the skuttle panel and into the blower emptying at the base.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts