Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
Not sure if im in the right section but iv got a question.
I currenty own a astra 3dr hatch 1.9 CDTI design 2006. My question is about the LCD display. I currently have the small display with two buttons below it that i believe to be called MFD?
I cant see MPG or anything on this, just time date and temp. I wanted to upgrade to the larger display that shows me instant fuel consumption etc. What are all of the displays called or referred to and is it possible to swap?
Thanks guys

·
Registered
32,567 Posts
Yours is a TID.

You need either a BID, GID or CID.

BID is the 3 line display that most cars with trip computer will come with.
GID is the graphical info display which has more lines and looks a lot better than the BID. I'd recommend you get this one.
CID is the colour graphical display, which is the nicest of them all, but unless you plan on buying a CD70 NAVI for sat nav, then this screen is well over priced, which is why I'd recommend a GID over this for just trip computer.

You'll need to make sure the screen you buy has been "divorced" from the previous car. This needs to be done with Tech2. You'll then need to divorce your existing screen, pair your new screen and enable the trip computer using the Tech2.

If you buy a screen and headunit together as a pair, you don't need to worry about the divorcing and pairing. You may just need to enable the trip computer if it isn't already enabled.

Completely the wrong section though, as this is nothing to do with AON Merchandise. You want the Astra H section (Y)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Now that i hae a few other issues sorted i can get back to the display, there is a bid on ebay for about £90 i think divorced. When i get it tech 2'd to activate the trip will this also activate the fuel consumtion and how many miles left? Thanks for the help(y) :)
Yours is a TID.

You need either a BID, GID or CID.

BID is the 3 line display that most cars with trip computer will come with.
GID is the graphical info display which has more lines and looks a lot better than the BID. I'd recommend you get this one.
CID is the colour graphical display, which is the nicest of them all, but unless you plan on buying a CD70 NAVI for sat nav, then this screen is well over priced, which is why I'd recommend a GID over this for just trip computer.

You'll need to make sure the screen you buy has been "divorced" from the previous car. This needs to be done with Tech2. You'll then need to divorce your existing screen, pair your new screen and enable the trip computer using the Tech2.

If you buy a screen and headunit together as a pair, you don't need to worry about the divorcing and pairing. You may just need to enable the trip computer if it isn't already enabled.

Completely the wrong section though, as this is nothing to do with AON Merchandise. You want the Astra H section (Y)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts