Astra Owners Network banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all....again.....I've noticed this knocking for quite a while. The cars had all new struts and springs and I recently replaced the drop links to try to cure the noise. It's knocking/rattling from what seems like both sides of the front when I'm going over bumps and it sounds bloody awful. I've had it back to vx 3 times to no avail infact they even daid they couldn't hear a noise ffs. In all honesty it seems to have made it worse. I've just had it laser aligned by a tyre and suspension place and hoped they'd of found something as I asked then to check it all over but they said everything is fine which is so bloody annoying. Has anyone else had the same problem and managed to find and cure what was causing it ? It's a gtc 1.4 turbo.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Discs and pads, front struts and coil springs and drop links all the wheel arch clips. Flew straight through its mot 3 weeks ago no advisories at all. I did ask vauxhall to check everything when they did the mot due to the knocking and they said all good they couldn't find anything

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Id of thought if it was any of those vauxhall would of picked it up doing the mot surely ?

Registered
not really dont take it as gospel that its ok do your own work i never leave anything to atrangers i can tell u when my ari makes a noise the day atr it started it everyone ahould do their own repairs when possible i dont trusk anybody with my cars ive 2 astras and a mazda 6 to care for and none of thems been anywhere near a dealers or anyother garage since weve got them

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I agree with you. I do all my own work usually but all the suspension was done under warranty all the rest if the work I've done myself. I had the same sort of knock with my astra J 2litre diesel turned out to be the anti roll bar bushes and lower rear arm bushes.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts