Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Does anyone know how to start the car when the keyless entry won't work? We press the start button but nothing happens? We have replaced the key fob battery's but still nothing. Is there a guide anywhere? It's a 2008 twin top. I would normally be able to sort it but as I'm currently abroad I can't help, as it my mums car! She said the small plastic key inside the fob won't fit either? Is it the main car battery possibly or a key coding error?

Thanks

James

·
40,693 Posts
The plastic key is just to get in the door. You're supposed to hold the fob as close to the part where the key would normally go for maximum signal. Is she pressing the clutch or brake as well?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I really don't know as I'm not there. I'm guessing she does what she normally does and it won't start. If the car battery has gone can it be started with jump leads?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok cool so if it jump starts then we know it was that. If not then the keys must need re-coding or something else is wrong.

·
40,693 Posts
If she's actually got in the car, the key coding is fine. Just make sure she is putting a foot on either brake or clutch.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
She should know that she drives it everyday lol. But I will make sure, it very hard when I'm thousands of miles away lol. Just out of interest if we wanted to swap the keyless system to my astra and put my normal system in hers is this possible?

·
40,693 Posts
I don't know what it's like that way, I know the other way it's very very complicated. If it's the keyless ECU, I'm sorry, they're £480 from VX. I've just sold my old one as well for £160. But, I've never heard of one going. I dare say they do, but must be rare. I'm sure it will be something simple. Has she tried the other key? Or holding the key close to where the normal lock would be on the steering column?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will get her to try it thanks mate. It's ok if it is that then she has a warranty on it from when she bought it.

·
Registered
762 Posts
The manual says, in an emergency, to hold the key where the ignition key normally goes and press the start stop.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello . I have a vauxhall astra h Cabrio 2007 and i have a problem with the keyless go sistem . It’s not recognise my key . I can’t open or lock the car I can’t start the car nothing... I change the key battery but still nothing..........when I try to start the car it’s flush a 🔒 in the dashboard.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts