Astra Owners Network banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

A while ago I came across a very specific process on reprogramming a key, which was more complicated than the general ignition acc key lock/unlock process. I can’t recall specifically the problem, perhaps it involved a new transponder, but I t’s like a song stuck in my head and I can’t move on with my life till I locate the info. I don’t currently have a key problem, except needing a second key with a new transponder. I have replaced a new key twice before. I’ve never owned or borrowed a tech 2 and I know the steps I followed rectified whatever key problem I had at the time. which for the life of me I can’t recall very specific details.

From what I recall it did involve lifting up the door handles and using the key in the door lock using a very specific sequence, was more complex than the general ‘key turned to acc and pushing the keys lock and unlock buttons’. Though it likely also incorporated that last part

I have a feeling it was a YouTube video by a auto locksmith.

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
There's no special way that i've seen of programming a new transponder to an Astra G other the having the right equipment to do the job,plus the security code,the process you've used in the past sounds like the re-sync procedure for a central locking remote fob that has already been programmed to the car.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts