Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Thanks for letting me join the group.

I have just bought a 2010 Zafira 1.6 Life, now I know its not going to set the world alight on speed but its a start to see if my wife who is disabled manages better with the height etc.

Anyway I've had it a week, replaced the front discs, pads and drop links all ok. Now and again I think I can smell only slightly but its like a fuel smell when at the back of the car any tips? inside the car I think I can smell something when driving but others seem to think not, is there a breather that fails on these engines?

When starting the car, now and then its almost like I don't keep the key turned long enough but it seems like it struggles to start, flick it again and its fine, never noticed it when I first got it, picking up an oil filter from Vaux today to do an oil change anyway.

The car is pretty clean, looks like its been looked after of sorts, had the rear brakes done at Vauxhall in Bournemouth, first recall done, 2nd booked for the 4th in Bristol.

I also want to add my CD70 navi from my Vectra C, as its a full can bus car I presume this will work straight away, I was going to wire my uhp4 bluetooth module in but with no steering controls it seems little point, I presume I can't just change the steering wheel and voila?

Thanks in advance

Mark

·
AON - Administrator
59,287 Posts
Welcome aboard.

Your CD70 from your Vectra has a different face plate to that used in the Zafira. The Vectra dash is flat whereas the Zafira one is pointed. It just doesn't look right if you try to mix the two. You will need to swap in the screen also and I believe it would then work. If the two cars use different fuel senders (I think it is the fuel sender, I can never remember what part it is that makes the difference!) you may need to have the code index changed.

Sorry, I can't remember what is needed to add steering controls.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hiya thanks for the reply,

I understand about the fascia being different but it will work and be suitable for the minute while I save for a Xaf model. I've ordered the surround from Vauxhall just waiting for it to arrive, I have heard that any steering wheel from a late Zafira/Astra will fit or so say and I just have to enable the controls. Just trying to find a PDF manual to confirm the wiring for a uhp4 Bluetooth module, I have the wiring plug and the details for the Vectra C but not able to find it for my Zaf.

Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think that might be stretching it mate, I'm hoping to find one around £25/35 inc airbag.

Does anyone have a PDF manual?

thanks

·
15,040 Posts
The HU will work (apart from the faceplate issue) but I'm pretty certain I remember someone saying the Vectra screen will not work in an Astra/Zafira. Try messaging stampede, or asking over on Pecky's forum at Diagnostics.org.uk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There are a few breakers on diff groups doing a wheel with airbag for £25 plus postage, they look clean and tidy, ok they are just standard 3 spoke wheels not Vxr but I can't justify £100 odd on a steering wheel, I am trying to do all this on a budget.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Fuel smell wise, check the seal on the fuel cap, that can lead to vapour coming back out.
Ah yes, didn't think of that one. Thanks
I'll check on Peckys to see about the screen, from what I've read it does but I will check. Trying to work out if I have to remove the whole console or can I just remove the screen surround to get the screen out. Bit of a different setup to the Vectra C

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Apparently the screen will work!!! Has anyone got a manual that could advise me whether it's a strip down or can I pop the surround out for the display screen, the cd70 is easy, it's just the screen, I am waiting on the surround to arrive so I don't know exactly what I'm dealing with. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok thanks, was hoping it wasn't oh well! Trying to find a pic online to see if there is a way of securing the screen on a temp basis!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts