Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have just de-restricted my airbox on my 2ltr turbo Sporthatch & fitted Pipercross panel filter all thanks to this great forum! Have had questions answered by some very helpful people on here so thanks a bunch! Only had time for a quick spin to hear the induction noise & turbo pssshhh a bit more lol! Sounds great & hopefully a bit more responsive on the throttle!!

I guess it ccould be time for a cheeky remap when funds permit having only bought the car a few months back!

Cheers once again people!

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
The smaller mods make all the difference :) Stick with the panel filter too, don't waste your money on an induction kit, they sound terrible on the turbo'd cars.

Huge gains to be had from a remap too, so get saving ;-)

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The smaller mods make all the difference :) Stick with the panel filter too, don't waste your money on an induction kit, they sound terrible on the turbo'd cars.

Huge gains to be had from a remap too, so get saving ;-)
Yeah I've heard that the induction kits aren't all that great,I don't really want to do alot except for the remap & possibly fully exhaust system of some sort! Very true these little things that don't cost alot and really make a difference to me anyway! Sense of pride with my handy work lol!! Time for saving definitely

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
You'll always get answers on here man, it's great :) now dig deep and become a club member for £12 per year!! Haha :lol:

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Have just de-restricted my airbox on my 2ltr turbo Sporthatch & fitted Pipercross panel filter all thanks to this great forum! Have had questions answered by some very helpful people on here so thanks a bunch! Only had time for a quick spin to hear the induction noise & turbo pssshhh a bit more lol! Sounds great & hopefully a bit more responsive on the throttle!!

I guess it ccould be time for a cheeky remap when funds permit having only bought the car a few months back!

Cheers once again people!

is the de-ristriction and panel filter the only thing you have done, if you do a few more lil cheapish mods you can get a nice gain with a map after there done!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
is the de-ristriction and panel filter the only thing you have done, if you do a few more lil cheapish mods you can get a nice gain with a map after there done!
Yes that's it for now,I've seen a lot of people talking about the VXR intake I believe instead of the standard intake which is fairly narrow in comparison,so I think that's my next small mod & when funds permit the remap!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts