Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the car(150Sri) for a remap yesterday done by the guys at ecotech performance... Would recommend these guys any day of week..
Car is now running at 197bhp and 316 torque according to dyno log
Pulls like a train now!
What's other people gain from just a remap ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice mate! Am just looking at your mods what you think to the dbilas flowmaster? Ye pleased with result car just drives with ease now! Iv been unlucky with reliability with mine so made a point of this before the map..

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Nice mate! Am just looking at your mods what you think to the dbilas flowmaster? Ye pleased with result car just drives with ease now! Iv been unlucky with reliability with mine so made a point of this before the map..
Plenty are of the opinion that it's a waste of money and effort trying to upgrade the 1.9 but with the dbilas and airtec it seems to just breathe more easily and with a sensible quality map there is a definite increase in performance and better mpg as well. Glad you got good results.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have a miltek turbo back exhaust and I have de-restricted air box but not upgraded to 80mm pipe yet... A can see why they say it's a waste of money upgrading it but could say that about many other cars too so each to there own.. Next upgrade for me was the airtec

·
AON - Administrator
59,287 Posts
The problem with the 1.9 is the diminishing return. Less than £400 gets you 215bhp. You can easily spend 5 or 6 times that to get 225bhp and a potentially less drivable car

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
The problem with the 1.9 is the diminishing return. Less than £400 gets you 215bhp. You can easily spend 5 or 6 times that to get 225bhp and a potentially less drivable car
500 remap
80 intercooler hdi
100 intercooler accessories
480 hybrid turbo

230bhp

·
AON - Administrator
59,287 Posts
500 remap
80 intercooler hdi
100 intercooler accessories
480 hybrid turbo

230bhp
You have a bit more engineering nous than the average joe and if you add the aforementioned dbilas to that then you're in to big money territory :(

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
You have a bit more engineering nous than the average joe and if you add the aforementioned dbilas to that then you're in to big money territory :(
Dbilas shmelas I'm going cone mmmmmm induction noise gggrrrrrrr 45

Oh yeah missed exhaust to that list so don't what one costs must be 500.

I think what bad with money is the next step like putting a gt2056 or gt2260vk turbo on special manifold oil lines and water if it's a vklr turbo, it's do able even with a log manifold nowt special.

You can more out of the gt1756'hybrid turbo but you will need better injectors namely the insignia ones.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts