Astra Owners Network banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

So i needed another runaround for a while and since i like the wifes 1.8 Elite so much, i picked up another Astra H.

This time a 2008 1.8 SRi. So the Z18 XER engine. Seems nice enough so far, but lacking the toys of the Elilte....
So while i have been used to the Z18 XE for the past few years, what are the differences on the XER ?.

It looks like they use the same NGK ZFR5F plugs. The oil filter appears to be a cartridge type, rather than a metal can.
And of course it has VVT.

Anything else i need to be aware of on this engine ?. I will be servicing it this weekend and also doing all the software updates to the engine, climate, head unit etc via GlobalTIS SPS programming.
Will pull the restrictor plug out of the airbox too, thats always the 1st thing to do.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
take the air filter off and stick a cone on it does it have the sport button mines does
I dont really want a hot air intake and less torque at low RPM.

The standard intake system is fine with the restrictor plug removed.
Yes has the sport button. As does our Elite as well.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi all,

So i needed another runaround for a while and since i like the wifes 1.8 Elite so much, i picked up another Astra H.

This time a 2008 1.8 SRi. So the Z18 XER engine. Seems nice enough so far, but lacking the toys of the Elilte....
So while i have been used to the Z18 XE for the past few years, what are the differences on the XER ?.

It looks like they use the same NGK ZFR5F plugs. The oil filter appears to be a cartridge type, rather than a metal can.
And of course it has VVT.

Anything else i need to be aware of on this engine ?. I will be servicing it this weekend and also doing all the software updates to the engine, climate, head unit etc via GlobalTIS SPS programming.
Will pull the restrictor plug out of the airbox too, thats always the 1st thing to do.
Hello please can you tell me what is a restrictor plug? Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts