Astra Owners Network banner

JBMF90's 5dr 1.9 cdti (150)

1K views 29 replies 11 participants last post by  JBMF90 
#1 ·
Hello, Ive just recently bought my Astra (2weeks ago) i previously had a Corsa C, i will upload a picture so you can see, hope to learn a few things from you all and maybe get into little mods, all i want to do for now is a sound system, i already have components just wanting a pioneer headunit and slim sub for the boot, i have an idea in mind like but will have to save up a few ££ to get it to how i want it :)

Anyway heres the Corsa C i used to own:

And here is the Astra:

Let me know what you think :)

Thanks

See less See more
#4 ·
Hey Carl, yeah bud it was good owning a corsa but you've gotta move on :) I'm thinking sound system for now then maybe exterior pack with penta alloys :) I don't know if I'll mess about as much as I did with the corsa :/ I'll see haha oh about the meets let me know where and when and I will pop on by :)

#5 ·
defo let you know about meets, will be on facebook so you will get a invite :) im thinking adding the 3 gauges to the centre console :p but may wait until exhaust, suspension and remap

#8 ·
Cheers for all the positive comments :) Corsa was a nice car, had loads done to the interior but just don't have any decent pictures of that on my computer, ill upload a few f people are interested like but its a corsa at the end of the day haha, got a few little more ideas for the astra but wont really effect the look of it how it is as im not that interested on kitting it up like i did my corsa, as im more for the fuel economy now haha turned from a young petrol head to an old fuel saving man in less than 2 weeks haha!

#9 ·
A few updates for you, I Bought some Insignia washer jets and some L.E.D side lights and number plate lights, ill let the pics do some talking :)!

Rear Number Plate Lights:

Side Lights (they look a lot worse in this pic then in person)

And i think you all know what the Insignia washer jets look like but here is 1 of mine (sorry for the dark pic but you can make it out :))

What you all think?

#10 ·
Very nice..I was like yourself..bought the 1.7cdti SRi standard..then went ahead and got the exterior pack and Pentas..Which i must say really helps the astra..Got some LED number plate bulbs too..a nice mod and much better then the yellow look lol..

Simon

#14 ·
Just a quick update for anyone that is interested, i will be buying a DTUK Green Tuning box sometime this week or next, so that will tick off a point on the to do list, i also had a tyre blow out on Thursday night passenger side :/ scared the hell out of me like but its all fine now as i got 2 new tyres after been advised the drivers side was getting low, so i thought best off getting both done! set me back a fair few bob!

Other than that the last thing i did was top up with diesel.

Ill update when the next thing happens :)

#16 ·
Cheers Carl, Ive bought the DTUK tuning box now just waiting for it to arrive then i will be fitting straight away XD, yeah its a bit of a bummer about the blow out but then again glad it happened the way it did and it went a good time! got the tyres sorted out now so that's a peace of mind sorted! Soon will be the XP kit and then maybe go back to what i originally had planned.... a stereo system but its not fully needed yet to me haha i can put up with the standard 1 for now :)

#19 ·
UPDATE:

Starting on my audio install as i am a big fan of music and i had an install in the corsa and i miss it!

I am doing this over a slow progress as i want to get it right and not rush it.

so here goes:

Front components are Focal PS 165:

MORE TO FOLLOW.

#21 ·
Cheers bud, yeah i loved the corsa but had way too many problems with it, as in engine problems and front end rattling!

Not going for a full boot build as i did that in the corsa and i use my boot so going for either a slim line sub or a build up back to the back seats just so it leaves room for storage in the boot :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.