Astra Owners Network banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm buying a Jan 2019 1.4 Petrol SRi from a dealer. Do the K series have a radio code like older cars that I need to check is in the documentation?
Also, I took it for a drive yesterday, and it seemed fine. But when I got back to the dealer, and it was idling for a couple of minutes it suddenly cut out, and did it again and then the engine light came on with a reduced power warning. The dealer assured me it would be properly diagnosed and fixed, and indeed today has sent it to a Vauxhall main dealer to be fixed. Strangely it failed the MOT last November on the engine warning light, could have been something different or maybe the same fault reoccuring. Anyone got any ideas?

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
No radio code to worry about but i don't like the sound of the engine cut out,
hopefully it's a minor problem but there's no way of guessing what the issue(s) were without at least the fault codes,although it's a late car the 1.4 does seem to have more than it's fair share of issues,LSPI being the major one.
If you do go ahead with the purchase make sure it's a long and comprehensive warranty that goes with the car.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They've sent it to Lookers. I asked for the fault codes, and the salesman told me Lookers said the newer cars like this don't have fault codes which I find hard to believe. Maybe they just have a policy of not giving them to the customer. ???

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
I asked for the fault codes, and the salesman told me Lookers said the newer cars like this don't have fault codes which I find hard to believe. Maybe they just have a policy of not giving them to the customer. ???
hard to believe ? no,try outright salesman b/s ☕ ☕

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just to be clear before I confront the salesman, does this car produces fault codes when the engine light comes on that you can read with a scanner, just like previous models?

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Yes of course it does,
i wouldn't have spent £100's on Vauxhall specific diagnostic equipment otherwise lol
if you want to check any powertrain fault codes,i've listed them over on Vxon

1 - 8 of 8 Posts