Astra Owners Network banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got a j vxr and have noticed that after a while I have quite a large build up of soot around the chrome trim surrounds
there is also a lot of soot sprayed up the back of the car, various specs of it

I was told it had a remus decat pipe on it haven't checked but believe it has. just wonder whether this is the cause possibly?

help is appreciated thanks

·
A.O.N Assistant Regional Organiser - Scotland East
27,704 Posts
Mines is quite sooty and would say it's normal, mines is fitted with a 200 cell sports cat and do get what your experiencing, small specs off soot all over the boot

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for replies. It does sound awesome tbh. Love how it sounds. Was quite worried about how much was building up but went to vx dealer today and they said it's to be expected too even with standard exhaust and you guys confirming that is great. Did the kids it was over fuelling due to not being a CAT there to catch it. But alls good now. Thanks guys.
btw ill probably be at pvs if I can get a stand pass and maybe take down the strip ;)

·
A.O.N. Resident Kidnapper
1,558 Posts
Yeah it's totally normal mate, my exhaust trims are almost always covered in soot! It's a nightmare to get rid of it and it's black again after a days driving so I no longer bother trying! :lol:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ah that's good at least. Just annoying after you've polished it all nicely. Lovely and shiny. Take it for a blast down the road and the back end turns into a cheetah ah well I won't bother cleaning it as much now then haha

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.