Astra Owners Network banner

It wasn't the Throttle Body....

822 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Madasacutsnake 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm at my wits end with my Astra 5 door Hatch 1.8L Mk4 with Automatic Transmission.

Essentially the car drives quite well (although on occasion it labours like it is in the wrong gear for a few seconds). The major problem is a rough/harsh idle, particularly when under load such as when drive is engaged. Lately I've been getting the fault code P1555 more and more often.

Today swapped out the throttle body for a new one and it made absolutely no difference. I thought P1555 related to the throttle body...

I unplugged the MAF Sensor to see how the car runs with it unplugged. Strangely it runs exactly the same if the MAF is plugged in or not. Does this means the MAF is okay or stuffed?

Could it be a gear box issue?

Could it be a peddle speed sensor issue?

Vacuum leak?

Something else?

I'm growing to hate my car, any assistance would be appreciated. :(

See less See more
#3 ·
Yeah I'm thinking the same thing. Probably should have replaced that first as it would have been cheaper, but I though P1555 was throttle body related.

I just gave my MAF a good spray with MAF cleaner, which helped a little but essentially the idle is still too rough.

I just looked at the live data on my OBD reader and it keeps saying my vehicle speed is 18km/h even though the vehicle isn't moving. It does jump back to 0km/h after a few seconds.

Also my cruise control has stopped working,....just about to go check my brake lights as apparently they are related when things go wrong...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.