Astra Owners Network banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
Can anyone tell me if the wiring to the astra G 2004 manual accelerator pedal sensor is the same as the H model so I can check the voltages out please?

Suspect my ECU at fault,as it already has the relay for fuel pump earthed from one of the pins to body so it runs constantly,which is not good in the event of a accident.
I have spanner light with car lit up, but once I bridge the 5v at the pedal the light goes out and cars accelerates as it should,rather than labouring.
Appreciate any help to confirm faulty ECU,before I try source a replacement.
Cheers.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
It's the one you asked for,Astra G,
If you ever want Astra H i've posted that on here before so it should be easily found.

Reactions: Bulldog72

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
I've seen various methods of supplying a 5v feed,most common is to do what you have and bridge it,some last a decent time and others pack up quite quickly,another is wire in a fuse protected 7805 chip from the ignition.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is there any concern on safety with adding 5v from another source straight to tha missing 5v wire. I have just done some repairs to get car an mot and now is the time to sell it.
Another thing is the fuse you mention Valer,is it a surface mount chip fuse you use going down to the pedal from the ignition feed, run on one wire with fuse soldered inline.

disastra200sri, was it the ECU at fault that caused you issue,as I'm considering a identical used ECU if its defiantly that at fault.
Cheers

·
Registered
412 Posts
No turns put the fault for mine was within the wiring loom for the radiator fans..some how fan circuit 3 went open circuit and stuck 12v down one of the 5v feeds to the pedel which gave me throttle position 1 and 2 faults and baramatic boost sencor codes along with replace ecu displayed on opcom,it wasn't untill I pulled the fuse for fan switch that the actual problem became clear. These astra h can have bad wiring and fuse box issues and ehe they do it's a nightmare 🤣 2 months it took to fix mine

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've seen various methods of supplying a 5v feed,most common is to do what you have and bridge it,some last a decent time and others pack up quite quickly,another is wire in a fuse protected 7805 chip from the ignition.
Valer how would I wire the 7805 regulator in circuit? Do you have a diagram to do it from fusebox wired to pedal when ignition on.
Cheers

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
As i said " i've seen them done this way" never done it myself,
the ones i've seen have been mounted in a small waterproof connector,although one was taped in a plastic bag lol
i've either changed the ecm or bridged the 2 x 5v feeds near the pedal depending on how much the customer want's to spend.You should get a wiring diagram with a decent make,otherwise google should find something

Reactions: Bulldog72

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Not as long as you bridge the right 2 wires,
the issue is that if the single 5v feed you're now relying on goes down usually the best you'll get is only tickover revs to get it home.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I also purchased a 12v to 5v voltage regulator with 4 wires,but I'm a bit confused to how I would wire it with a piggyback to a fuse having 2 positive and 2 negative wires. Cannot access rear of fusebox too arkward even when dropped it down.
Cheers

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
With the 5v wire bridged to the other the power is back and light as out,but after it been parked unused for a week the light came back on again,but I still have full power. Not sure what to do now,as I want to sell it but the light may put buyers off.
Funny enough I also have error codes for the fan?
Cheers

1 - 20 of 22 Posts