Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alrite lads n lasses!

I've got a Mark 5 1.9 CDTi Astra, and although I love it and its great car I think now that i've had it a good 6 months its maybe time to tune it.

Ive absoultely no experience what so ever when it comes to modding cars, Im a total novice.

I've heard of air filters (K&N?) and tuning kits, but the whole things a mystery to me like.

I had a look at the air filter in my car, and ive seen the K&N air filter and its about the same size, so cant see how that'll make a difference.

Plus, is it worth telling insurers?

cheers,

Rich

PS: Anyone from the North East England know any good places to get it done? Cheers lads

·
A.O.N. - Platinum Member
38,432 Posts
The K&N filter should be a direct replacment for your current filter if you but the correct one buddy, This mod will not give you any performance increase, it will just help the engine air intake system work a little better...
As for fitting, its a 5 minute job, Ill help you out if you want,

As for telling the insurers, then Yes you should tell them everything

·
Registered
802 Posts
Always tell the insurance companies anything you do to the car......this is good advice!

I have a tuning box for sale that will bring a smile to your face every time you drive the car! You might be a wee bit young though (insurance purposes) ...but check this out with the Insurance people first.

·
Registered
40,498 Posts
Simota induction kit is a nice mod over the air box, again this won't give you any power increase but it will let the car rev more freely and it sounds great. These are available from DTUK.

The cheaper option would be a k&n panel filter and de-restrict the airbox to let the air flow much easier. (Y)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts