Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this forum really quiet nowadays? I remember when I used to come on here when I had my mk4 astra about 6 years ago there would be at least 100+ new posts each day and now it just seems dead? What's happened everyone?? :sus::(

·
A.O.N Assistant Regional Organiser - Scotland East
27,714 Posts
its forums in general nowadays, and may be car scene as well as some cars just don;t have the same following the older ones have, and the mk5 and mk4 astra's seems be the last greatly modified versions, with the newer ones not seeing as much modifications apart from a select few, and weather thats down to lack of options or just how hard parts are to come by or even cost.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Possibly down to cost too, new drivers can't afford to mod cars the same way you could 10 yrs ago, it's just too expensive.

Posted from my Nokia 3310

·
AON - Administrator
59,287 Posts
By far we are most popular on G's and H's. They are now very old, bargain basement cars. As a result a lot of them are gone or owned by kids who want to use FB. The J is not a modifiers car and certainly never gained the kind of traction that the G and H did it as it is nowhere near as unique as they were in their respective markets. The K doesn't yet seem to be taking off, I travel a lot and I've only seen 2 on the road. Forums in general are slowing down but if you look at our new member rates we are as successful as ever. We have higher show attendance than ever. We just don't have the constant, daily, banter that we once had.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Personally , I think there are more clubs active than ever before, and members interact with several clubs , not just one, In the past I remained loyal to one particular club, (some AON members will recognise that:),) and posted several times a day, some members thought it distasteful, others welcomed it, especially when I think I do interesting builds,(now all related builds are transferred to AON)

This imo is what a club is about, as well as helping others sought out issues , or gain knowledge,

Good clubs are created by good management, as in all walks of life, keeping members interest must be very difficult, but as far as I can see AON is one of the most popular.

B

·
15,040 Posts
Definitely quieter, but the world has changed. The long evenings of talking garbage in the stickers thread just don't happen any more - a lot of that group have moved on now and have other priorities on their time.

·
Registered
7,308 Posts
Yeah, it's not like the good old days. I remember when this forum was in black and white and it was all just fields etc etc........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Personally , I think there are more clubs active than ever before, and members interact with several clubs , not just one, In the past I remained loyal to one particular club, (some AON members will recognise that:),) and posted several times a day, some members thought it distasteful, others welcomed it, especially when I think I do interesting builds,(now all related builds are transferred to AON)

This imo is what a club is about, as well as helping others sought out issues , or gain knowledge,

Good clubs are created by good management, as in all walks of life, keeping members interest must be very difficult, but as far as I can see AON is one of the most popular.

B
I know what you mean, im on this and the other major site, if i cant get answers fron either, my guess is its not worth doing, a total plethora of information iv found

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
190 Posts
All forums have been hit hard over the last 5 years, the popularity of Facebook has definitely had a huge impact, unfortunately it's a poor replacement as there is no sense of community.

·
A.O.N Assistant Regional Organiser - Scotland East
27,714 Posts
Thing is even facebook isn't all that now, most groups are either just there for selling or for the daily themed pic post there's no real discussions happening or anything on any of them

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts