Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

How do I tell if an Astra is an eco4 model?

I've started a new job which involves lots of motorway travel and have decided to buy an Astra eco4. I went to view a 53 plate 1.7cdti Astra today, which was supposed to be an eco4 model, but it had no spoiler and the tax on the disc was £120 (should be £35?), tho the service book said ecoservice and ecotech was written on the engine.:confused::confused::confused:

The bloke selling the car said he had it as a part ex and the eco4 part came up when he typed the reg into exchange and mart. So is it really a eco4 model or just a standard cdti?

Any help would be most appreciated.

Many thanks,

Chris

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Could the £120 tax be because the car was taxed before April 2008 and it will come down to £35 at the next renewal?

·
Registered
6,112 Posts
According to Parkers the Road Tax next year is £90, pretty good if you ask me (Y)

Althought this link confuses things... HERE All depends what your V5 says I reckon .

James

:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers for the link, think tax its pretty good either way, i might still persue it if its still for sale.

Chris

·
Registered
359 Posts
Hi all,

How do I tell if an Astra is an eco4 model?

I've started a new job which involves lots of motorway travel and have decided to buy an Astra eco4. I went to view a 53 plate 1.7cdti Astra today, which was supposed to be an eco4 model, but it had no spoiler and the tax on the disc was £120 (should be £35?), tho the service book said ecoservice and ecotech was written on the engine.:confused::confused::confused:

The bloke selling the car said he had it as a part ex and the eco4 part came up when he typed the reg into exchange and mart. So is it really a eco4 model or just a standard cdti?

Any help would be most appreciated.

Many thanks,

Chris
did the car have eco4 on the side of car ?? should be on trim insert.also should have spoiler,similar to sri but smaller , aerodynamic undertray etc.if none of these suggest standard 1.7cdti.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
did the car have eco4 on the side of car ?? should be on trim insert.also should have spoiler,similar to sri but smaller , aerodynamic undertray etc.if none of these suggest standard 1.7cdti.
I used to own an eco4... it is definately £35 a year for tax, it has the spoiler, undertray and it should have Eco4 in the door trim bit as stated above.

·
Registered
1 Posts
if it was a eco4 it would be a dti
Not all eco4 astras are dti. Some are the later version common rail (cdti). The later cdti version is quieter and defo a better drive as i am on my fourth one now and very reliable. Shame vauxhall couldn't put isuzu engines in all their cars lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts