Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i phoned vauxhall and asked them if i can get my ipod wired to my car and control it usimng that little screen in my dash board, and they said that vauxhall dont even do an ipod jack let alone that .

so what im wondering is ...

is my request too strange or can it be done ?

so just a small annoyance lol any help would be great ICE isnt my area of knowledge.

·
Registered
32,567 Posts
Your best bet would be to get an aftermarket headunit with iPod support.

I had a JVC KW-AVX810 which was a brilliant unit. I fed the hard-wired USB cable into the glovebox and then plugged in my iPod using the standard iPod cable. Had full functionality of the iPod no problems (Y)

If you are looking to keep it OEM, however, it might be worth looking for a VXMMI unit. These aren't cheap, around £650 new, but they look very OEM and have some great features. The only person I can think of on here who has one is paulieburg, and she has a thread about it somewhere on here. They do look like great units and I would be tempted in the future :) Here is paulieburg's thread: http://www.astraownersnetwork.co.uk/showthread.php?t=68197

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
Or you could go for the Dension ice link, it's bascially like a In car phone kit but for you're ipod obv :lol:

i've got one and will be transferring over to the Leon as soon as possible... awesome piece of kit and half the price and hassle of most HU's

·
Registered
12 Posts
Vauxhall talking crap. My Vauxhall garage fitted my (completley uselessly placed) iPod lead in my car for £90. Complete rip-off to be honest, wish i'de have just got a new head unit with iPod compat.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well all very good suggestions i will take the advice of jondread and save my money , ive seen the VXMMI before and i think it looks great i think it looks like it should be there , to quotee some one from that thread,

i will save up reallly lots thats what i want lol thanks everyone!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yeah you can get some really decent head units that will let you control your ipod from your steering wheel controls and everything, so you can just have you ipod tucked away out of site somewhere like in your glovebox or under your handbreak panel and everything will look great :p

Unlike me, i'm stuck with this rubbish thing Vauxhall installed for me until Christmas! (a)

You'll be thankful for waiting in the long run m8.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
how come your stuck till xmas ? you planning on palming it off lol ?

your experiance has most definately convinced me to save up for it though , i just gotta find out if my warrenty wil be damaged ,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts