Astra Owners Network banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I have a Opel Astra J 2013 1.6T Sports 4dr Hatch and it has the colour screen entertainment system with AUX input and USB port for usb drives or iPod capability.

Previously I was using a Apple iPod Touch 4th Gen (30 pin usb cable) and it was running the old iOS and it worked flawlessly in my car. I could access and control the music from the car with no problems.

The iPod was stolen so I had to find a replacement.

I purchased an iPhone 5 to use solely as a music player in my Astra which runs iOS 11 with the latest updates (lightning cable) I uploaded the same music collection over to the iPhone.

Around 50% of the time the iPhone will get detected and play the music. Most of the time it finds it and i have to then select the iPod source to then play the music off the phone.

Most podcasts don't work either and just says Unknown track on the car screen and reverts back after a period of time to play normal songs.

The other times it isn't detected at all and shows up as USB on the screen and on the iPhone it says "This device isnt supported with this accessory" or similar message.

I've tried different USB cables and ensured they were of the "made for iPod" certification and it still has this issue. I suspect the newer iOS 11

Has anyone else had these issues with newer phones or iPhones and is there any fix for it? I checked with my dealership and there is no newer software updates for the car available (in Australia).

Help!

·
Registered
4 Posts
My Iphone X works perfect with my Astra GTC and that's running latest ios11. When i first got the car though it wouldn't even recognise the device until I plugged a usb stick in to play music and after that I tried my phone again and it worked fine. I would try restoring the iphone then download all music back on to the device making sure that it's actually saved to the device and not just to Icloud.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.