Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys/gals!

I painted my interior dash parts pearlescent black around 2 years ago but its a bit tatty around the edges now... the strip above the glove is scratched to **** (Missus' handbang!! :mad:) and theres some chips/scratches around and about.

Anyway, thinking of wrapping the interior now just because I can't be bothered stripping and repainting the parts.

I just wondered when buying vinyl wrap does it come in different thicknesses as my friend had trouble wrapping his steering wheel controls (the buttons wouldn't press fully in)

And also where is the best place to buy it from?

·
Premium Member
14,901 Posts
hi mate i can help you out here as i used to do wrapping, first of all, look on ebay and get either hexis or 3m they are the best, ive wrapped steering controls and had no problems with the buttons at all, what colour do you have in mind?
carbon fibre vinyl tend to be thicker than normal vinyl

hope this helps

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi mate i can help you out here as i used to do wrapping, first of all, look on ebay and get either hexis or 3m they are the best, ive wrapped steering controls and had no problems with the buttons at all, what colour do you have in mind?
carbon fibre vinyl tend to be thicker than normal vinyl

hope this helps
Hi mate! Its just going to be gloss black!

Yeah he tried wrapping his controls in carbon fibre and when he pressed buttons in they wouldn't pop back out, however he bought some white and that was smashing.

I'm going to have to look up some tutorials and best tools as I always paint, never wrap.

Debating sticker bombing the glove box strip.

Thanks again

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
with gloss black you will be fine as its not as thick as the carbon fibre,
you will need a squeegee few quid, craft knives pound shop, missus hairdryer,
heres the link http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=vinyl+wrapping
I've got the

Glove box strip
Whole centre console
CD Player
Light Switch Surround
Gear stick Surround

They're all painted pearlescent black at the moment but needs freshening up! Thought I'd try wrapping this time! :)

·
Premium Member
14,901 Posts
it will be longer lasting mate, the cd player be the hardest bit to do, everything else will be fine to work on,

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah it was all silver when I bought it and I had some spare black paint so stripped it all out and painted it all...

Its just got chipped and marked though over time and the primer is showing under the marks now so thought its about time I start wrapping :D

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
But all black then maybe Blue or Sticker Bomb Glovebox Strip/Light Switch

1 - 9 of 9 Posts