Astra Owners Network banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 59 plate Astra Mk V Estate 1.7 CDTi.

A couple of mornings recently I've started the car and the idling sound has been struggling. When I tried to pull away it would just stall. Eventually the engine would spring to life and work ok.

On Monday, it was very unresponsive when pulling away (like I was pulling away from standing start in 3rd gear) - but if I dropped the clutch and revved it a bit it would sort itself out. Struggled to get out of Harrogate, and later Northallerton with it playing up - before it ran perfectly once I was on the dual carriageway. When I got home I immediately bought a fuel filter and changed it. I've done 600 miles since without issue and thought I'd cracked it - before it started again today.

When it happens, I can have the clutch depressed with my foot to the floor on the accelerator. The engine chugs and chugs before the revs suddenly go up and sound normal.

·
Registered
6,368 Posts
Need to see what codes it’s throwing up and see what’s happening on live data, can only really be done on tech2 or opcom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.