Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Coupe Turbo runs fine, just everynow and then once it's got warm it can out of the blue cut out when pulling up to a junction. Or if i'm stopped and it's ticking over at idle speed the rev's drop to below 500 rpm and the Radiator Symbol with fan in it lights up but as soon as the rev's are increase by pressing the go pedal it's fine. Any suggestions what it could be, it's got me stumped don't want to start changing idle control valves and stuff if it ain't that causing the problem

·
Registered
455 Posts
Mine idols lumpy all the time and no one can work out why, it hasnt actually cut out on me but feels like it wants to stall all the time. Keep me posted if you find the answer (Y)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I don't know if this makes any sense now, while having a hunt for the fabled vauxhall 3 wires into 1 connection earth mod I removed the pipe from my front mounted intercooler while i was removing it noticed the jubilee clip holding it in place wasn't exactly tight.

Now when I put the car back together without any luck hunting for the earth mod connection the car seems to idle differently, it's more lumpy but follows a rythmic pattern if that makes sense and hasn't had the rev's drop to around 500rpm, cut out at junctions etc no flashing radiator symbol with a fan in it. Bit stumped now but it seems to have fixed one problem

·
Registered
455 Posts
Hmmmm....odd, cant imagine a loose jubilee clip could make that much difference! but well done anyway! The last advice I had was to check/clean the throttle body but havent done so yet, have you tried that? ....wouldnt explain the flashing radiator symbol though, strange!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nah take it back the problem is still there :lol: but i' gonna have to hunt harder for this 3 wire earth problem i've been reading about because I read somewhere following a google search that when the rev's drop to below 500 rpm the temperature guage stops working and low and behold mine did it again and guess what the temp guage which had been reading around 80 degrees suddenly dropped as if it was switched off.

The 3 wire earth mod is something to do with 3 earth wires from the Air flow meter, coolent temp sensor and injection rail or something merging into one connection and basically the connection gets corroded and doesn't function properly causing a fault which between the Air Flow Meter / Injection Rail and Coolent sensor would cause the car to run like a bag of [email protected]#e and the temp guage not working. I'll update you if this is the case when I find the connection in question

1 - 5 of 5 Posts