Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I bought my car I went looking at the Astra VXR and insurance was £2300 when I was 19 with 2 years no claims so I thought I will leave it a year and see then now with 3 years no claims and being 20 its £2400 :confused: who has been crashing all the VXR's making the insurance go up :mad: lol

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
lol

vxr 550 fully comp for me got a few years on ya. 7 years no claims.
cdti box fitted 420. without 290.
should have bought the vxr.

·
A.O.N. - Club Member
503 Posts
i paid 400 fully comp for my burg 5 years ncb at 28

but by far the biggest thing affecting the amount of insurance you pay is your postcode

·
Premium Member
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i paid 400 fully comp for my burg 5 years ncb at 28

but by far the biggest thing affecting the amount of insurance you pay is your postcode
oldham postcode :( even tho i'm about a 20 minute drive away from there lol

·
A.O.N. - Club Member
503 Posts
well you are out of luck mate i know a few people with oldham postcodes and they also get shafted and they are the same age as me with roughly the same ncb

·
Registered
6,112 Posts
2005 Astra VXR 35K on the clock, 19's and full climate control, retail was £10495, I got it at trade price through my work, I work at Jaguar next door to Vauxhall in Aberdeen (Y), was very handy. They even fixed the slight scuff on the passenger wing(did a good job) and refurbed all 4 wheels for me too :D

James

:)

·
Registered
6,112 Posts
:lol: There are some going for just under 10K at some places. I also have no creaks, knocks or vibrations etc from the car at all, which I am really surprised about. The rear discs were falling apart, but that got fixed under warranty after 2 weeks of having the car, new rear discs and pads (Y) Oh and 2 new front tyres before the car was picked up.

Insurance - I just went on gocompare, tesco compare and confused and just picked the best quote. It was cheaper to take the quote from gocompare than it was when I called the insurer:eek:.

James

:)

·
A.O.N. - Club Member
503 Posts
you just have to look around there are plenty 2006 astra vxr's for under 10k, or you could leave it a bit longer till the new astra comes out as the current models residual value will drop a decent amount meaning you will get absolute bargins

·
Registered
6,876 Posts
Didnt realise you got it that cheap Jim (Y), think i best start making some friends at vx as a vxr is my next move ;)

·
Registered
26,209 Posts
You think thats bad? Try getting insured over here, £8000 to insure me on a VXR and £2500 to insure me on a 1.9CDTi 150 XP :mad:

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
they obviously know about your driving "talents"

1 - 20 of 20 Posts