Astra Owners Network banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Does anybody know the orientation of the clutch switch for cruise installation? Just broke one trying to blind install it (very tight spot) :(
A pic face on would be great. I would judge it by which way the outlet for the connector points
Help before i break the next one ordered :)
thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
2,558 Posts
Pull out head light switch, undo 4 x t20 screws (2 in headlight switch area and 2 under steering column shroud) and pull the entire panel towards you. It'll open the area right up so you can see

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
I have just removed this trim panel to fit a cup-holder, as Matt said but unlock the steering wheel and pull it up and out, you will get to the two screws much easier, and there are three clips on the bottom rail and one on the top left, just pop them off.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Hi guys. I had already removed the panel you describe and it does make it a bit easier to see. It does make it slightly easier in that Im looking at the back of the clutch switch in situ. The problem is the orientation of the switch as it is a square and i broke by trying to force it wrong way in i think!!.
If I knew which direction the wire connector attached to switch Id know correct orientation and be more careful.

i.e when looking at back of an installed clutch switch, should the connector be on the left, right, top or bottom?

Please, anybody, help!!. Im blessed with big awkward hands, not good for this type of thing lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts