Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got my washer jets through yesterday so just been and fitted them. after alot of swearing and some very scratched and cut hands i finally managed to get them through!! well worth £5+ some blood sweat and tears lol!

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
I keep thinking about it, but not too sure if the pain and finger cutting is worth it. Loads of people seem to rave about doing this mod though...

·
15,092 Posts
Done it twice now and not a single cut :p

You just need to get a bit of padding for the scuttle edge. I used a demister pad.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Honestly found it very easy . I ended up with a crack on the scuttle panel but you'd never see it . After a few months , the rubber hose became detached on the passenger side nozzle but in the space of 5 mins it was back on . If I were keeping the car , I'd probably put a small tyrap on that hose as it is the main supply one and has the most pressure in it . A good cheap upgrade. .

The J seems to have them as standard. .:cool:

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Looks like I should get some ordered...

·
Registered
263 Posts
I've been putting this off for a while, think this might be something to do next weekend :D

·
Registered
616 Posts
I've just been outside to install mine, both were easy to remove and swap over, however the left (if sat in drivers seat) I'm having problems fitting back in properly, at the moment it's about half a cm back in its hole but I can't get anything underneath it to hammer in from above to push it all the way back into its slot, any ideas?

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
I've just been outside to install mine, both were easy to remove and swap over, however the left (if sat in drivers seat) I'm having problems fitting back in properly, at the moment it's about half a cm back in its hole but I can't get anything underneath it to hammer in from above to push it all the way back into its slot, any ideas?
Put some washing liquid around it to allow it to slide in easily

·
Registered
616 Posts
I didn't even think of that! haha, thanks, I'll give it a go when it stops raining... next March

Okay, I just tried the fairy liquid and it's still going to the same point it slots into without the lube, it's still off by about a third of a centimeter it seems and on looking at the washer jet, I can only see the center line running across, so when I try and spray, it hits the plastic and just fires straight up like a water fountain, guess I need to try and get a hammer undearneath somehow?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts