Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sooo, im just curious what all you peeps actualy use the rear of your van for. Majority i would imagine would be tools and such (with being joiners blah blah blah) But the reason ive got my van is for travel up and down to Stolkton on tees for a course im doing. So is there anyone out there who has done something different to there rear, Some pictures and shizz would be nice :) Also anyone done sound deadning Geeeze when it rains its like im in a Aircraft taking off! Gives me bit of a sore head after 270miles!

Guy

·
A.O.N. - Platinum Member
38,432 Posts
Sound deadining is easy to do mate, especially if you have the large panels of a van to work with,
The downside is it adds weight to the car so may effect MPG,

1 thing you could look into is a "dobeboard"

·
Registered
6,679 Posts
I carry the tools for my trade www.rbrprintingengineers.com

As for the rear its as it was delivered. The Noise:(.

I tried the Dynomat :sus: £150 made the van 10kg heavier, and did not work:D.

So i biult my self a head board ( Dobeboard ) as my last user name was Dobe, but since changed for personal reasons.

The Dobeboard cancells all the drone from the back instantly but you still hear the road noise.

I believe my good fellow Mr P aka Paul still has his bespoke Dobeboard, so will sell.

let me know and ill ask.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
a dobe board...Im guessing its just a bulk head for the back? Ide quite like to still use the rear window..Although its Blacked out and cant see much.
£150! and it didnt work....Pffft thats gutting. Guess il just have to turn the music up.

·
Registered
6,679 Posts
a dobe board...Im guessing its just a bulk head for the back? Ide quite like to still use the rear window..Although its Blacked out and cant see much.
£150! and it didnt work....Pffft thats gutting. Guess il just have to turn the music up.

Ah see thats where the Dobecam comes in but thats another thread:D.

Do a search.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts