Astra Owners Network banner

Indicator Stalk Replace

1K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  cleggy 
#1 ·
Hi the indicator stalk does not auto cancel when turning left,it does on right.I have purchased a new unit.How do i remove the shroud etc to remove the old one and fit the new one.Where are the screws etc and what do i need to remove.Appreciate as much detail as possible please.It is a Astra G hatchback 2002 Petrol !.4 16v.Thanks.I cannot find anything on goole or youtube

#2 ·
Hi Cleggy.
Took all apart about 6 or 7 years ago for an ECU change - I had to replace the immobiliser transponder ring around the ignition barrel as they're matched.
Only bit I remember is you have to remove the steering wheel rake / reach adjuster handle, just a screw I think. A few screws recessed within the housing, then the two halves split into top and bottom. Indicator stalk just slides out as I remember with plug on the back...? Memory's pretty faded on that though...

As I remember, when putting back together, worth pulling off the ignition barrel rubber surround as it easily gets missed and ends up the wrong side of the housing - then you have to take apart again!

Apologies if I've got anything wrong, it was a while ago. I don't remember it being a big deal though

Good Luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.