Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings to everyone.
I've gotten myself an astra h 2005, now what's incredibly annoying is that I have absolutely no music options beside the radio and cd's.
I've seen a few videos that use the dension gateway as an all around solution. What I need are tips and instructions on how to properly install everything.
My headunit is a cd70navi.

·
Registered
5,330 Posts
Looking into that myself, not sure if it need to be an aux model tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,475 Posts
They're great bits of kit, but you need aux already as it hijack the signal for it so you can plug in aux or usb. And if it's a factory 2005 radio 99% percent chance you don't have aux already so it won't work. Dension don't make one for the cd70, but you can get the cd30 one and just repin the 3 aux leads to make it work.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They're great bits of kit, but you need aux already as it hijack the signal for it so you can plug in aux or usb. And if it's a factory 2005 radio 99% percent chance you don't have aux already so it won't work. Dension don't make one for the cd70, but you can get the cd30 one and just repin the 3 aux leads to make it work.
Their website advertises a model compatible with the cd70navi. Now granted if it's possible to correctly connect with the cd30mp3 I might go with that one.

·
Premium Member
2,475 Posts
Does your cd70 have aux input though already? If not they don't work as it uses the aux input to play music

·
Registered
5,330 Posts
Does your cd70 have aux input though already? If not they don't work as it uses the aux input to play music
I can’t get into mine to see if aux can be enabled as my laptop is fubar, and can’t get the “diagnostic” on the daughters to work

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As far as I'm aware, an aux source can be enabled by software (in this case op-com). However a follow up question arises.
Do the headunit and the electric installation support such a way of reproducing sound?
In essence I'm looking for someone who has managed to accomplish everything working perfectly in the same set of circumstances that I find myself in. Cheers man :).

·
Premium Member
2,475 Posts
Yes you can enable aux via vauxcom, but the hardware still needs soldering in for it to work.

Davo, with the newer laptops try disabling driver signature (F8 on startup)

·
Registered
5,330 Posts
Yes you can enable aux via vauxcom, but the hardware still needs soldering in for it to work.

Davo, with the newer laptops try disabling driver signature (F8 on startup)
Il give it another try, at worst I’m hoping to get mine back with xp installed

1 - 9 of 9 Posts