Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all

i have officially decided i cant wait to get my astra h back and get rid of it!!!!
last week for the 3rd time in 2 months it left me at the side of a motorway.

a month out of warranty and now it is for a new turbo which costs £700 and some bits to fix an oil leak which will cost £361.59.
vauxhall have agreed to pay a good will payment towards the turbo but thats still gonna leave me just short of £500 to pay. they also said they would chip in £50 towards the oil bits!!!! whats good is that

some of you out there may remember my post in july when my astra broke down in Cornwall and i had to leave it there for a week to get fixed under warranty.
well where my car is now has said they reckon it was probably leaking oil then but hadnt been noticed by the garage in Cornwall, even though they should have done a vehicle check.

as well as the above problems at the beginning of the year it was holding water in the sills and the paint was bubbling, this was again sorted under warranty!!

any one else had any astra h problems like mine??
or is it just me who always seems to pick a bad car!!!

ps i dont kill the car so my turbo should not be going

i

·
AON - Full Member
3,976 Posts
Everyone complains about the reliability of french cars, but ive had loads more problems with my astra from new than i had with my 8 year old Peugeot 206, and my 206 was alway s in peugeot getting work done.

Ive just became used to the problems, if i complained every time i had a problem i would never see my astra :lol: Ive lost full beam and everything recently :shock: works if you pull it towards you to flash, push it away to put it on constant and nothing :lol: thats one of the many strange problems mine has been getting the past while.

I was on the same boat the past while, didnt enjoy driving it completely sick of it, was left in the garage monday to friday, started getting the ball rolling for selling looking at cars etc and i hit it :(

Though ive realised the astra aint all bad, my current car is a hyundai getz and its a million times worse than the astra and its only a year or so old :lol:

·
Registered
5,597 Posts
hit and miss matey though the cdti seem to be flaggin up a few probs some more frequent than others. As said unfortunately end of the day its a vauxhall who have made massive improvements and in the new models i think at the top when it comes to competitors such as ford peugeot etc.....but still will come up with the usual reliability issues. if you were to buy VAg say you would significatantly reduce the chances but doesnt mean they still wont happen.

To be honest if i get may way my next car wont be a vauxhall

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Ive always had Vx cars.
MkI 1.6 Cav. MkII Cavs 1.6, SRi & Cdi. MKIII 2.0CDi. Veccy 2.0cdi and now the Astra.

The Veccy has been the most reliable by far. I've only had the Astra since Jan (87k) & its not let me down yet just a new EGR thats all. But the DMF is noisy when its warmed up. (& at the prices I've seen thats hows it going to stay!)

But I do feel a Vw Golf or Audi A3 coming on next, they always look mint! :thumbs:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts